PanchoBilla enters Hospice (Has now passed away)

mead107

21 minutes ago, JPL7 said:

I concur. Let's not get too caught up in this unfortunate situation. No disrespect to him, but some of the suggestions were a bit over the top. He was a dedicated fan, and that is appreciated. His story is sad and he passed far too young, but the season doesn't need to be dedicated to him in any sort of way. RIP PB. 

Don't disagree that some of the ideas are a bit over the top, but I think it's more about what he stood for than it is about him personally. I didn't know about him till last years draft, but I've been inspired by him much since then. I think some form of memorial, or a patch for a home game, or even a statue in the tailgating area are appropriate as he is representative of the men and women who love this team with a love that supersedes fandom. There's something otherworldly about loving a sports team (especially one that has given much anguish to you over the years) that's impossible to explain to those who don't know that feeling and I saw Pancho as an example of that. 

Rest easy Pancho. 

6 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

RIP
Viva Los Bills

You know what I think would be super-cool and not over the top, but a great tribute to a great fan?

If we could start a "Viva Los Bills" chant before games kind of in the same vein as the Vikings Skol chant, maybe not as formal

Starting as a response chant, and then ending as a mad pandemonium fan yell, kwim?

Announcer: And now, in respect to our fans, Special Guest Joe Fan will lead us in the Viva los Bills Chant!

Joe Fan: VIVA!

(flashing on scoreboard and fans yell): VIVA!

Joe Fan: LOS!

(flashing on scoreboard and fans yell): LOS!

Joe Fan: BILLS!

(repeat 3x speeding it up)

Joe Fan, flashing on scoreboard, and crazed fans: VIVA LOS BILLS!  VIVA LOS BILLS!  VIVA LOS BILLS!

OK, just a thought

• Like (+1) 13