PanchoBilla enters Hospice (Has now passed away)

mead107

Very Sad news.  I vote that he be part of the inaugural class of the Buffalo Bills Fan Hall of Fame (if there was such a thing). Rest in peace Pancho Billa!

Edited by BfloBillsFan

• Hapless Bills Fan changed the title to PanchoBilla enters Hospice (Has now passed away)
6 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

While it is a very sad story, all of the suggestions(1 day contract, decal on uniforms, some kind of a symbol on wall of fame, tshirts, statue, etc...) are an insult to long time fans(STH) who go back to the rockpile days, been to all 4 Super Bowls, traveled all over the country to follow the team, attended numerous training camps, and stood by this team for 60 years of a lot of ***** football.  

It's not an insult to me, I've been a fan since 1970, been to super bowls, was a long time season ticket holder. It's just people feeling bad for someone that seemed like a genuine fan and a nice guy with a sympathetic story, we are human and we make emotional decisions, it's not our worst quality as a people.

• Like (+1) 10

I'm very proud to call myself a Bills fan with how the organization treated him the last few years.  I don't think it would have been the same with the previous regime.  The way he handled such a difficult situation with such cheer and optimism should be an inspiration to us all and hopefully our beloved team gets an extra boost of motivation this season.  Rest easy, the pain is over. 

25 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

While it is a very sad story, all of the suggestions(1 day contract, decal on uniforms, some kind of a symbol on wall of fame, tshirts, statue, etc...) are an insult to long time fans(STH) who go back to the rockpile days, been to all 4 Super Bowls, traveled all over the country to follow the team, attended numerous training camps, and stood by this team for 60 years of a lot of ***** football.  

I think seeing it as an "insult" is a stretch

While I have mad respect for Pancho and wish healing to his family and friends on their loss, I do agree some of the suggestions seem over the top.

Edit: I like the suggestion for a "Buffalo Bills Fan Hall of Fame"