PanchoBilla enters Hospice (Has now passed away)

mead107

13 hours ago, BuffAlone said:

I wish I didn't hear Zo say "goodbye brother"

?

He said - Hey brother at the beginning and signed off at the end with bye brother.  I didn't take it as awkward or insensitive.  It was Zo signing off.  But whatever, there's not a right way to handle this.   Many years ago my college buddy died from cancer at age 26.  I was in denial that he was that sick until the day his mom called me and said he was gone,, I never said goodbye. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, zow2 said:

He said - Hey brother at the beginning and signed off at the end with bye brother.  I didn't take it as awkward or insensitive.  It was Zo signing off.  But whatever, there's not a right way to handle this.   Many years ago my college buddy died from cancer at age 26.  I was in denial that he was that sick until the day his mom called me and said he was gone,, I never said goodbye. 

how I saw it as well. 

19 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I can relate. Its just never easy to say goodbye

These situations are so hard and so personal.  It may be even harder for young players who have not seen a ton of this sort of situation in their lives.  Like many twenty something year olds players are still in the we (all people around me that are near my age) are invincible.  It’s not until people your age or even younger start to pass that you realize the notion of invincibility is full of holes.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

https://www.facebook.com/pancho.billa.37/                

58586597_2015951902033884_11582268629592

? my heart is filled ??❤! Thank you Amigos! #PanchoPower

I’m amazed that this board hasn’t exploded this go fund me campaign. 

$45K in 16 months?

am I missing something here?  

A few days ago when I saw that he was going into hospice, I dug up the  link from the first page, and donated my pittance.  Kind of did it in a hurry, and didn’t really look at the numbers, just assumed that this would be at least the equivalent of the Andy Dalton charity thing, or perhaps an even bigger blockbuster. Checked back today to see how he’s doing, and then thought of checking out the fund more carefully...and was a little disappointed, I guess. 

1 minute ago, Rhode Island Red said:

I’m amazed that this board hasn’t exploded this go fund me campaign. 

$45K in 16 months?

am I missing something here?  

A few days ago when I saw that he was going into hospice, I dug up the  link from the first page, and donated my pittance.  Kind of did it in a hurry, and didn’t really look at the numbers, just assumed that this would be at least the equivalent of the Andy Dalton charity thing, or perhaps an even bigger blockbuster. Checked back today to see how he’s doing, and then thought of checking out the fund more carefully...and was a little disappointed, I guess. 

Not to be insensitive, but is money really going to help at this point? Seems to me that he is in the best possible place given the circumstances and it's now in "God's" hands.

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

Not to be insensitive, but is money really going to help at this point? Seems to me that he is in the best possible place given the circumstances and it's now in "God's" hands.

Actually, it's for his kids' education, I think...................Next time I see a link, I'm going to give something.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 4/25/2019 at 9:28 PM, holla83 said:

Does anybody know how or why he became a Bills fan? He is from Texas, right? Always curious how out of towners become Bills fans.

Talking out my ass.. The Logo is really cool. Especially among Hispanic folks, in my experience. 

Again Hispanic, going against the grain (Cowboys) is another possible explanation. 

Actually, as a plattsburgh born OKIE, tradition is number 1, but that charging bison logo......I F,'n love it!!!!

5 minutes ago, BUFFALOKIE said:

Talking out my ass.. The Logo is really cool. Especially among Hispanic folks, in my experience. 

Again Hispanic, going against the grain (Cowboys) is another possible explanation. 

Actually, as a plattsburgh born OKIE, tradition is number 1, but that charging bison logo......I F,'n love it!!!!

According to the article I read, he became a Bills fan during those SB years AGAINST the Cowboys. Kind of strange being from Texas. Maybe he's just one of those guys that aligns with the underdog.

9 minutes ago, BUFFALOKIE said:

I read that his father said something like you're going to be a man, you have to pick a team..............And, the Bills colors were like Mexico's colors (although I just looked up Mexico's colors and it's green, blue??)) so that's who he went with. 

14 hours ago, BUFFALOKIE said:

14 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

According to the article I read, he became a Bills fan during those SB years AGAINST the Cowboys. Kind of strange being from Texas. Maybe he's just one of those guys that aligns with the underdog.

13 hours ago, bbb said:

I read that his father said something like you're going to be a man, you have to pick a team..............And, the Bills colors were like Mexico's colors (although I just looked up Mexico's colors and it's green, blue??)) so that's who he went with. 

https://www.wgrz.com/article/sports/nfl/bills/unmasked-the-man-behind-buffalo-bills-superfan-persona-pancho-billa/71-b498b90c-5e32-40f5-8787-004f7f2a1870

Growing up in El Paso, Ezra became a Bills fan in 1986 because he liked the logo and the red, white and blue colors.

"My dad asked, 'Do you even know where New York is?' And I was like, 'Don't care,'" he said.

Perhaps it's because red, white and blue are Texas state flag colors???

Edited by Gugny
  • Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Gugny said:

https://www.wgrz.com/article/sports/nfl/bills/unmasked-the-man-behind-buffalo-bills-superfan-persona-pancho-billa/71-b498b90c-5e32-40f5-8787-004f7f2a1870

Growing up in El Paso, Ezra became a Bills fan in 1986 because he liked the logo and the red, white and blue colors.

"My dad asked, 'Do you even know where New York is?' And I was like, 'Don't care,'" he said.

Image result for texas state flag

17 hours ago, bbb said:

Actually, it's for his kids' education, I think...................Next time I see a link, I'm going to give something.  

Hopefully someone is setting it up correctly so the money doesn't end up in his estate and used to pay medical bills.

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

I read it here:

It was his father who had challenged the young Castro to pick an NFL team, decades ago. The little boy responded by choosing Buffalo, whose colors most closely matched the Mexican flag.

https://buffalonews.com/2019/04/18/pancho-billa-ezra-castro-cancer-buffalo-bills-fan-bills-mafia/  

12 minutes ago, bbb said:

I read it here:

It was his father who had challenged the young Castro to pick an NFL team, decades ago. The little boy responded by choosing Buffalo, whose colors most closely matched the Mexican flag.

https://buffalonews.com/2019/04/18/pancho-billa-ezra-castro-cancer-buffalo-bills-fan-bills-mafia/  

So now we need to merge this with the "Are You Colorblind?" thread???  (I keed.  I keed.)

• Haha (+1) 2