PanchoBilla enters Hospice (Has now passed away)

mead107

Your grandmother must have, sadly,been in a terrible hospice. Many, and even most in my very large exposure, are wonderful. I’m sorry that she had a bad experience. 

Pancho is not likely to have that experience and I wish him all the best. 

3 hours ago, bbb said:

Actually, I've known people who have left hospice alive.  One of them did like 3 times.  

Yes, this is not uncommon. He doesn’t know what he’s talking about. 

Edited by BeginnersMind

4 hours ago, BeginnersMind said:

Your grandmother must have, sadly,been in a terrible hospice. Many, and even most in my very large exposure, are wonderful. I’m sorry that she had a bad experience. 

I will say that my uncle's was excellent.  But my grandmother, grandfather, aunt...

But yes, people do leave hospice alive, I hope Pancho is one of them.  And what the Bills have done for him is pretty cool.

• Like (+1) 5

19 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I will say that my uncle's was excellent.  But my grandmother, grandfather, aunt...

But yes, people do leave hospice alive, I hope Pancho is one of them.  And what the Bills have done for him is pretty cool.

I am sorry that you had to see them have bad experiences. I sleep next to someone who helps 15-20 people a week enter and get the best treatment during their stay from the least to most expensive hospices. It should not be a bad experience but sometimes you need a good advocate. If you or anyone here ever needs advice on hospice, send me a PM, and I volunteer an expert. She thinks we are all crazy for liking the Bills like we do, but she understands our mental disease.  

Most hospices are incredible and a much better way to receive end of life care than anything you will get in a hospital

or on your own. 

Edited by BeginnersMind
  • Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, BeginnersMind said:

Pancho is not likely to have that experience and I wish him all the best. 

Yes, this is not uncommon. He doesn’t know what he’s talking about. 

No actually, in our case the Hospice was wonderful, people could not have been more compassionate and caring.  They did everything they could.  But they don't write the laws --- the problem is our county's lack of respect for individual's right to decide how and when to die when facing terminal diseases.   Easy issue to ignore until you have to deal with it and see the effects.

Hopefully, Pancho and his family will be spared him lingering for weeks/months while the disease ravages his body.

This has probably been posted elsewhere already, but wanted to link to the go fund me for Pancho & his family that was set up by the Houston Bills Backers:

https://www.gofundme.com/pancho-power

If this isn't a good cause, I don't know what is. We open our wallets everyday for inconsequential things, this one would mean something.  

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12
  • Like (+1) 3

57 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

This has probably been posted elsewhere already, but wanted to link to the go fund me for Pancho & his family that was set up by the Houston Bills Backers:

https://www.gofundme.com/pancho-power

If this isn't a good cause, I don't know what is. We open our wallets everyday for inconsequential things, this one would mean something.  

Already up to 37K.  go Bills Mafia!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2