Bills to trade to 3?

Just now, blacklabel said:

It's debatable. We are gathered in a corner of the internet specifically for debate...about football...and the Bills...and their current draft situation...which will change numerous times over this weekend. 

Trading up to three is a terrible idea. I won’t debate it with you. That’s where I draw the line. 

• Like (+1) 1

Williams had better be the next Bob Lily with this haul.

Sammy Watkins all over again.

Trading up for a DL is DL heavy draft just isn't a wise move.

Not a fan of this move at all if it happens, but who am I to really say anything.

When you have a need for an edge rusher and a DT, it isn't wise to trade away draft picks.

I hope this doesn't get done.

Giving away two 2nd round picks to move up six spots for a DT in a defensive line happy draft would be one of the worst moves in the long history of bad moves.  It will cost Beane and McDermott their job.  It's akin to the Watkins trade up.

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

Giving away two 2nd round picks to move up six spots for a DT in a defensive line happy draft would be one of the worst moves in the long history of bad moves.  It will cost Beane and McDermott their job.  It's akin to the Watkins trade up.

I hope to God this doesn't happen.

Like I said, Williams had better be the next Bob Lily or if it's for Bosa....... Bosa had better be the next Bruce Smith.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

When you say "long history of bad moves", I assume you mean moves made by PREVIOUS GMs? The list of bad moves by Beane, while it does have some notable inclusions (*cough* PETERMAN *cough*) isn't so long.

Just now, Logic said:

When you say "long history of bad moves", I assume you mean moves made by PREVIOUS GMs? The list of bad moves by Beane, while it does have some notable inclusions (*cough* PETERMAN *cough*) isn't so long.

Yeah and he'll suffer the same fate as the previous GM's.

Let me just say one thing: If the Bills DO trade up for Quinnen Williams and he winds up turning into a beast, like Aaron Donald 2.0 and launches the Bills defense into another stratosphere, we better keep receipts on all the people already pre-emptively calling to fire Beane in this thread. No Quinnen Williams jerseys for ANY of you chumps! :P

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Logic said:

LOL!

If the asking price truly is 9, 40, a 4th rounder, AND next year's 1st? I can guarantee Beane won't make that deal. Two 1sts, a 2nd, and a 4th? C'mon, man!

Whaley’s gone.  Someone tell the Jets

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

Yeah and he'll suffer the same fate as the previous GM's.

The only thing crazier to me than this notion of a trade-up to 3 is people already saying it would wind up getting Beane fired. Can we at least see the kid play a down in the NFL first? Not all trade-ups wind up poorly. I get that people are burned by Sammy Watkins, but that's not always how these things end. Just off the top of my head, the Falcons traded way up into the top 5 for Julio Jones and I doubt they regret it one bit. They've had a killer offense and a Super Bowl trip during Jones' tenure. 

Not saying I'm for this move, but people need to climb down off the ledge a bit here.