David Sills V - Keep an eye on him if Bills dont draft WR early. edit: signed as UDFA!

14 minutes ago, CountryCletus said:

Haven’t seen this much hype since D’rick Rogers... how did that work out.... we had shittier WR’s and he couldn’t even make the team. Perhaps Sills will get stashed on the PS... or perhaps another team picks him up once we cut him.... but he won’t be on our roster...

giphy.gif

19 minutes ago, CountryCletus said:

Haven’t seen this much hype since D’rick Rogers... how did that work out.... we had shittier WR’s and he couldn’t even make the team. Perhaps Sills will get stashed on the PS... or perhaps another team picks him up once we cut him.... but he won’t be on our roster...

Who were the receivers D'Rick didn't beat out? Stevie Johnson, Robert Woods (R), TJ Graham, Marquise Goodwin (R), Chris Hogan, Marcus Easley (STs)? I'd argue that group was possibly a slightly tougher nut to crack. Stevie was coming off three consecutive 1,000 yard seasons at that point in his career, Woods and Goodwin were shiny new rookies and TJ Graham was a 2nd year player who had a decent camp that year before continuing to suck just as bad as before. When you add Easley who was a core STer it basically came down to D'Rick or Chris Hogan who a lot here hated at the time but has proved beyond doubt he is a solid starting receiver in the NFL.

Edited by GunnerBill

21 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Actually Da’Rick  probably makes the team if he had any kind of work ethic and didn’t have a drug problem. I  have no idea if Sills will make the team but don’t get the comparison between these two players.

Hype.... it’s all hype... I think we kept 6 WR’s last year- tell me how this guy makes the team with out current roster

5 minutes ago, CountryCletus said:

Hype.... it’s all hype... I think we kept 6 WR’s last year- tell me how this guy makes the team with out current roster

I don’t know if he will make the team - just don’t see any comparison to DaRick not making the team. I think it will be between him and Duke Williams because they are the only ones with “size”. I would say, barring injury-

Jones

beasley

brown

Foster

Duke/Sills

roberts (ST) 

— McKenzie if they keep 7

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t know if he will make the team - just don’t see any comparison to DaRick not making the team. I think it will be between him and Duke Williams because they are the only ones with “size”. I would say, barring injury-

Jones

beasley

brown

Foster

Duke/Sills

roberts (ST) 

— McKenzie if they keep 7

Yolo- I know you’re great at typing,  but the reading part is getting you this time....  I’m not comparing their skill, their jock size or anything else- they were both over hyped, and neither of them made/will make the team.... it’s all to do about nothing 

22 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Sills will be selling insurance by July.

Very well could be.

On the other hand when you look at last seasons production from the WR position.  Take into consideration all the new faces in Buffalo combined with an earn what you get attitude from the coaching staff. I think it gives players like Sills a big opportunity to make the football team.

In my humble opinion Gu. 

22 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

33 tds in two years.   

I’m not sure I understand your point of view here.  

He’s more raw than Foster was last year, and Foster didn’t originally make the 53 in a weaker WR room. Sills is going to need time to develop, whether it’s 2 months or 2 years.... I just don’t see him making the roster yet. Trying to stash him on the PS will only give every other team in the league the opportunity to sign him.  I suppose he can make the team if Williams shows no changes in character off the field...

5 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

I watched the tape and the guy has no short range burst. Looks like he’s stuck in the mud when he tries to take off. 

He can't get off of press coverage either. See the Senior Bowl practices. Yet, Damarkus Lodge was still out there. The one thing the NWO could do was get off of press.

5 minutes ago, the skycap said:

He can't get off of press coverage either. See the Senior Bowl practices. Yet, Damarkus Lodge was still out there. The one thing the NWO could do was get off of press.

https://www.rebelsfansstore.com/DaMarkus_Lodge_Nike_Ole_Miss_Rebels_Mens_Replica_Football_Jersey__Red

Wear it with pride on Sundays.

5 minutes ago, the skycap said:

Lodge had just as many question marks as Sills, without the production.    Production matters to some GMs and coaches more than potential...

Damarkus Lodge 

Receiving Rushing Scrimmage
Year School Conf Class Pos G Rec Yds Avg TD Att Yds Avg TD Plays Yds Avg TD
Career Ole Miss         65 877 13.5 4 0 0   0 65 877 13.5 4
2018 Ole Miss SEC SR WR 11 65 877 13.5 4 0 0   0 65 877 13.5 4

David Sills 

Receiving Rushing Scrimmage
Year School Conf Class Pos G Rec Yds Avg TD Att Yds Avg TD Plays Yds Avg TD
Career West Virginia         132 2097 15.9 35 0 14   0 132 2111 16.0 35
*2015 West Virginia Big 12 FR QB 4 7 131 18.7 2 0 0   0 7 131 18.7 2
*2017 West Virginia Big 12 JR WR 12 60 980 16.3 18 0 0   0 60 980 16.3 18
*2018 West Virginia Big 12 SR WR 12 65 986 15.2 15 0 14   0 65 1000 15.4 15

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

How was it and how did it compare to other host cities? Looked like a massive party scene? 

It was a massive party. The fans were loving it.

Nashville did an impressive job with having that entire area blocked off from all traffic. Smart move by putting the NFL Experience inside Nissan Stadium and keeping it separate from the draft.

I was staying at a place right next to the stadium, so I didn't have to worry about driving. Which was good, because I heard that traffic was a pain. Couple that with the other weekend events going on at the same time.

I would say that of all the cities that had previously hosted, Nashville & Dallas did it the best. Having it all centralized whereas Chicago & Philadelphia were spread out all over the place.

Where Nashville failed, and this is mostly the NFL's fault, was the actual draft. They had this huge constructed amphitheater constructed, but only a handful of fans could sit in it.

It would be unfair to compare it to Dallas, because that was in the stadium, but the makeshift amphitheater in Philadelphia was way better than this.

They had bleachers outside with no covering, so I got rained on the whole first night. Also they had a live band playing in between picks and the music was so loud that you couldn't talk to anyone. I get what the NFL was trying to do, and they are not trying to appeal to the real draft fans like me.

On Day 3 and thanks to @Jamie Nails i was able to sit with the fans in the inner circle. Which was the best time I had.

Overall, great job by Nashville as a host city, poor job by the NFL for not having a bigger are for fans to sit and watch the draft.

See you in Las Vegas!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

125 catches, 1966 yards, 33td in 2 years of college. They guy proved he could get open and was a threat at the college level. Arm chair film reviewers settle down with the bs.. lol That said, whether that translates to the pros we shall see. Hes still pretty new to the position. Some pro level coaching could help him take off, or the nfl game may prove to be too big for him. ?

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

Sills will be selling insurance by July.

No, he won't. You can't teach size and put that together with soft hands and good body control and teams will- at least - be willing to put him on the practice squad and let him learn the position for the next couple of years.

• Awesome! (+1) 1