David Sills V - Keep an eye on him if Bills dont draft WR early. edit: signed as UDFA!

1 hour ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Nah im not saying that. I'm simply saying that he may have been in touch with the agent and may have had a feeling that Sills would make it through and took the chance.

As an aside, Leigh Steinberg is his agent.  That tells me a lot about the  kid...and Steinberg.

4 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

A lot of the same people crying about no WR drafted are the same ones who were clamoring for Sills in the 3rd/4th round.  

Not me.  I love our draft, and I also both wanted a WR and wanted Sills.  

So this was outstanding to me, we got an exciting rookie WR as UDFA and still had an excellent overall draft.

Nothing is more important than developing Josh, and we just gave him a beast on the OL, a young RB who is hard as hell to tackle, and a TE with major weapon potential.  Don’t know how anyone can be mad at that.  

And now now we still got Sills and he’s going to be a great story to watch develop and computer, him and Duke actually.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

Sills reminds me of a less polished Tyler Boyde coming out of college. Tall, skinny frame, great body control and soft hands. Boyde was a better route runner when coming out due to playing the position longer but I think thats where Sills could end up with enough work/experience.

Sills wasn't drafted because he has ZERO tackle-breaking ability.

I don't know if it is something that can be taught, but if he continues that trend, he will be cut.

He is easy to root for, but he is up against it making the roster.

Edited by njbuff

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

Sills wasn't drafted because he has ZERO tackle-breaking ability.

I don't know if it is something that can be taught, but if he continues that trend, he will be cut.

He is easy to root for, but he is up against it making the roster.

If he gets tackled after a 12 yard completion on 3rd and 9 I don’t see a problem 

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

This guy right now is a HoF player by the looks of people here. He better make the team with this much hype.

If you are so skeptical and down on the guy, why waste so much time talking about him?  I mean you have been in threads and shout box trying to refute any and all excitement about him.    

You know its ok to be excited about a player, and its ok to be excited about a player that wasn't a pick in first 2 rounds too right?  I mean, you don't need to run around and discourage everyones excitement about a rookie.  Ed Oliver could bust too, all rookies are hype and potential period until they put the pads on.  

Its a great story around a very intriguing prospect.  So whats your obsession with squashing peoples interest and excitement about a guy most feel was an absolute steal as an UDFA?  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

If you are so skeptical and down on the guy, why waste so much time talking about him?  I mean you have been in threads and shout box trying to refute any and all excitement about him.    

You know its ok to be excited about a player, and its ok to be excited about a player that wasn't a pick in first 2 rounds too right?  I mean, you don't need to run around and discourage everyones excitement about a rookie.  Ed Oliver could bust too, all rookies are hype and potential period until they put the pads on.  

Its a great story around a very intriguing prospect.  So whats your obsession with squashing peoples interest and excitement about a guy most feel was an absolute steal as an UDFA?  

No I haven't but when people make multiple threads about a guy and flood the shout box with his stuff you cant help but respond. I have said he catches with his hands not his chest.

Edited by Boca BIlls

15 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

If he gets tackled after a 12 yard completion on 3rd and 9 I don’t see a problem 

This.  We have a bunch of gadget WRs right now.  Foster and Brown are going to be deep threats, Cole a slot guy, and Zay doesn't even have an area he excels at yet.  He certainly does NOT excel at contested catches and doesnt have a big catch radius.  Duke is unproven, but he's the only guy with size.  

Bringing in a kid this big who can be a potential Redzone threat is reason enough to be excited.  But he has the potential to be even more than that.  

3 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

No I haven't but when people make multiple threads about a guy and flood the shout box with his stuff you cant help but respond.

Yes you have actually, and "flooding" the shout box is a 2 way street.  You constantly crapping on peoples excitement and trying to declare the kid "camp fodder" every 2 seconds keeps the shots box just as flooded as it makes people respond to you.  

And the multiple threads were:  Me predicting he would be a Bill BEFORE the draft.  And then it popped up with him on ESPN so a couple threads got started letting people know to tune in.  Someone then brought attention to what he did on social media in his own excitement about Buffalo.  Lots tot like here, but somehow this makes you grumpy.  

So you are flooding as much as anyone, just from the negative side.  Again, why do you care if people are excited about someone?  Its ok for them to be excited and you not to be, so why even bother trying to continuously squash our interest.  This is the time of year to be excited as all we have right now is potential, there is no on field being done.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

This.  We have a bunch of gadget WRs right now.  Foster and Brown are going to be deep threats, Cole a slot guy, and Zay doesn't even have an area he excels at yet.  He certainly does NOT excel at contested catches and doesnt have a big catch radius.  Duke is unproven, but he's the only guy with size.  

Bringing in a kid this big who can be a potential Redzone threat is reason enough to be excited.  But he has the potential to be even more than that.  

Yes you have actually, and "flooding" the shout box is a 2 way street.  You constantly crapping on peoples excitement and trying to declare the kid "camp fodder" every 2 seconds keeps the shots box just as flooded as it makes people respond to you.  

So you are flooding as much as anyone, just from the negative side.  Again, why do you care if people are excited about someone?  Its ok for them to be excited and you not to be, so why even bother trying to continuously squash our interest.  This is the time of year to be excited as all we have right now is potential, there is no on field being done.  

No i was having a conversation with John. Why do you care that I am not excited about someone? Two way street yet you wont let other have a voice if it isnt peaches and cream.

Edited by Boca BIlls

4 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

No i was having a conversation with John. Why do you care that I am not excited about someone?

I dont care if you are excited about someone or not.  I asked you why you care so much and are so irritated others ARE excited.  You've been pissing and moaning for 2 days about Sills and people being excited for him.  

And to be clear @Boca BIlls, I have no issue if you doubt him, he is in no way a lock for this team.  But I just cant figure out why everyones excitement is so irritating to you.  We should be excited about all our rookies.  Our Front Office spent a year researching them and chose these players, and all of them seem genuinely excited to be a Buffalo Bill.  There is no harm in just being hyped that we got some intriguing players, and Sills is an intriguing guy to a lot of us.  No one is declaring he's destined for the HOF or anything here, just like his potential given all he accomplished in limited time playing WR.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Same. I have a problem with receivers who bobble the ball, double clutch and trip over themselves at 8 yards, making it 4th and 1. We have one of those already. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I dont care if you are excited about someone or not.  I asked you why you care so much and are so irritated others ARE excited.  You've been pissing and moaning for 2 days about Sills and people being excited for him.  

I am not I am responding to you, I did not mention him until today... If you like to lie about stuff make sure you cant be proven wrong.

I dont know why you would go out of the way to make up some ***** like that... I guess when people are against something you say you feel the need to lie and pretend it has been happening all along.

Hell I wouldn't have said anything if the forums and shoutbox didnt get flooded with it.

1 minute ago, Boca BIlls said:

I am not I am responding to you, I did not mention him until today... If you like to lie about stuff make sure you cant be proven wrong.

Lie?  Lol...um ok.  

I seem to remember you in the shout box last night too...but honestly, who cares.  Wasn't a "lie", if I am mistaken then I am mistaken.  You have been spending a lot of time here today doing it though with the main irritation being upset people are excited. 

So my question stands...just not sure why you care so much that are people are excited about a rookie and feel irritated about it.  

9 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Lie?  Lol...um ok.  

I seem to remember you in the shout box last night too...but honestly, who cares.  Wasn't a "lie", if I am mistaken then I am mistaken.  You have been spending a lot of time here today doing it though with the main irritation being upset people are excited. 

So my question stands...just not sure why you care so much that are people are excited about a rookie and feel irritated about it.  

I dont know why you care so much that people reconize he has an extremly low chance to make the team and feel irritated about people talking about it.

Shoutbox,  just your hate making things up again.

Edited by Boca BIlls