David Sills V - Keep an eye on him if Bills dont draft WR early. edit: signed as UDFA!

Still wanted a receiver earlier but nice pick up.  I worry about him getting separation and WVU’s offense was gimmicky but he has excellent ball skills (?).

6 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I’m telling y’all this kid ain’t no normal UDFA.  I think he could be a big camp surprise.  He reminds me of Jordy Nelson :)

I see the Nelson comparison but Nelson was a much better athlete.  I think Stills might be the really good player who just isn’t good enough physically for the nfl but he definitely has a chance because he brings a different skill set here.

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/25/2019 at 3:11 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

The "Lebron James of football" - David Sills!  

Man is this guys story pretty incredible.  His journey to where he is now is amazing and this kid screams McD and Beane type player.  If we don't go WR in first 2 rounds, this is a name I would watch for later over the next few rounds.  He is just starting to tap into his skills as a WR too, lots of upside.  

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/20923614/west-virginia-david-sills-7th-grade-phenom-failed-qb-elite-receiver

Good call...  hope this cat makes the team 

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 4/25/2019 at 3:39 PM, MrEpsYtown said:

I love his game. he's really smart and understands routes and what the quarterback is thinking. He finds spots. He's like a huge Cole Beasley. He's also really good with contested catches and in the red zone. One of my draft crushes. 

Well we got hock 2.0 in knox said some media guy now we got sills. Not bad. Hope he makes the team.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

BOOM!!!  

Called this as a guy to watch for to us as this kid seemed like a Beane and McD player all the way!  And now he gets his shot with the Bills as he has been signed!!!!  

33 TDs in the only 2 years he’s ever played WR as he started as a QB.  Got to love that as an UDFA

He actually played WR at WV for 3 years...

after he broke his knuckle as a JR In HS , WV offered him as a WR

he went there as a freshmen but wanted to still play QB... so he went to Community college

he didn’t get any D1 offers so he went back to WV for 2 years

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Still wanted a receiver earlier but nice pick up.  I worry about him getting separation and WVU’s offense was gimmicky but he has excellent ball skills (?).

I see the Nelson comparison but Nelson was a much better athlete.  I think Stills might be the really good player who just isn’t good enough physically for the nfl but he definitely has a chance because he brings a different skill set here.

I’ve linked once or twice an article about an nba GM that doesn’t let his scouts compare guys (particularly non-traditional races for a position) to other guys of that race. Because even professional scouts jump straight to jordy Nelson, Edelman and welker for white receivers as an example. Or as we saw, with a black qb.

its not so much a knock on the discussion but popped to mind as even scouts struggle to do cross race comparisons. I’d be curious to see some more comparables that aren’t a “less athletic Nelson” or thielen 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Sad 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

Nice pickup. 

I just wonder why they didn’t take him at 6 or 7?  Seems like we typically have more UDFAs on the team than players from 6 and 7 combined. 

Beane must have had pretty good intel that he would not be drafted and that he was likely to sign with them which allowed them to use picks on other guys. 

2 minutes ago, aceman_16 said:

So odd why he didnt get drafted. I would have bet decent money he would be gone by the 6th round (at the latest). Oh well. GL kid and play with a chip!

Happens every year with a few highly mocked WRs it seems. I think it’s just a matter of #16 and #20 off the board at we being such a slim margin but only so many will be picked and by day 3 there’s a lot of dumb luck with fit, and scouts trying to grab pet project guys they fell for. 

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

BOOM!!!  

Called this as a guy to watch for to us as this kid seemed like a Beane and McD player all the way!  And now he gets his shot with the Bills as he has been signed!!!!  

33 TDs in the only 2 years he’s ever played WR as he started as a QB.  Got to love that as an UDFA

Nice call!

• Thank you (+1) 1