David Sills V - Keep an eye on him if Bills dont draft WR early. edit: signed as UDFA!

31 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Me too, he seems like such a great fit here.  

Just on measurables, he would be a project that would finish out what we need in a receiver corps. 

Brown and Foster are nice Deep ball burners, and Beasley is one of the best posession receivers in the game right now IMHO but we still dont have that lockdown #1.

It would be a project, but I would be worth a sixth or even better a 7th.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Just on measurables, he would be a project that would finish out what we need in a receiver corps. 

Brown and Foster are nice Deep ball burners, and Beasley is one of the best posession receivers in the game right now IMHO but we still dont have that lockdown #1.

It would be a project, but I would be worth a sixth or even better a 7th.

Agreed

14 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Except all the “real” talent evaluators had him projected to be drafted too...so there’s that.  

You mean prognosticators. The real talent evaluators are currently employed by NFL teams...except for Mayock. That guy drafts like he is still on NFLN and can surprise people with his picks with no ramifications..

4 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

You mean prognosticators. The real talent evaluators are currently employed by NFL teams...except for Mayock. That guy drafts like he is still on NFLN and can surprise people with his picks with no ramifications..

Scouts had a draftable grade on him too though, that’s who I’m referencing.  But when you’re a 5th round prospect nothing is for sure. 

2 hours ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I am in disbelief that he has lasted to this point. Measurables, intangibles and production. What am I missing?

Separation skills. It is the reason Butler fell, the reason Harmon fell and the reason Sills went undrafted. There are two things NFL scouts look for first and foremost with receivers - Can they separate and do they catch the ball? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

BOOM!!!  

Called this as a guy to watch for to us as this kid seemed like a Beane and McD player all the way!  And now he gets his shot with the Bills as he has been signed!!!!  

33 TDs in the only 2 years he’s ever played WR as he started as a QB.  Got to love that as an UDFA

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Reed83HOF said:

Or UDFA

What a steal right!  Most mocks had him rounds 3 to 5.  I kind of thought a run on WRs was going to be rampant in rounds 2 through 4 so thought he could go in there somewhere.  Thrilled to get him as an UDFA.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 4/25/2019 at 3:11 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

The "Lebron James of football" - David Sills!  

Man is this guys story pretty incredible.  His journey to where he is now is amazing and this kid screams McD and Beane type player.  If we don't go WR in first 2 rounds, this is a name I would watch for later over the next few rounds.  He is just starting to tap into his skills as a WR too, lots of upside.  

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/20923614/west-virginia-david-sills-7th-grade-phenom-failed-qb-elite-receiver

Alphadamus :thumbsup:

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

What a steal right!  Most mocks had him rounds 3 to 5.  I kind of thought a run on WRs was going to be rampant in rounds 2 through 4 so thought he could go in there somewhere.  Thrilled to get him as an UDFA.  

Nice call man!