David Sills V - Keep an eye on him if Bills dont draft WR early. edit: signed as UDFA!

Remember when people ragged on Foster, especially after he was cut... yeah, not saying Sills will be similiar, but the point is, don't close the book before it's even been written.

There is a lot to like in Sills game, and while we do have a log game of above average potential at the position, no reason to believe Sills cant be a player for us.

I think this is a conversation that would be best served to bring up in August.

Let's see how the kid does against quality NFL competition before we anoint him anything.

Sills might be the most watched Bill this pre-season.

38 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

I dont know why you care so much that people reconize he has an extremly low chance to make the team and feel irritated about people talking about it.

Shoutbox,  just your hate making things up again.

You think he has an “extremely low chance” of making the team, and you feel irritated about people talking about him making the team?

Funny, because you’re the only Sills hater I’ve seen around here.  Healthy skepticism sure, as to be expected with any UDFA, but you seem to be on a Sills hate crusade.  It’s tiresome and dull.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

The only thing I noticed that was a negative was he needs to get that second foot in.  More and more college players are demonstrating that in college even though it isnt required.

And the various drug references in the music may have caused some pause for concern.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

3 hours ago, njbuff said:

Sills wasn't drafted because he has ZERO tackle-breaking ability.

I don't know if it is something that can be taught, but if he continues that trend, he will be cut.

He is easy to root for, but he is up against it making the roster.

Dunno...kid seems to have the talent, desire, intelligence, work ethic, and catches everything near him.

Wish Kelvin Benjamin had those qualities.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Boca BIlls said:

I dont know why you care so much that people reconize he has an extremly low chance to make the team and feel irritated about people talking about it.

Shoutbox,  just your hate making things up again.

I don’t care about that all.  You have said multiple times you’re irritated that people are excited and keep saying that.  Why people being excited irritates you so much is the only puzzle.  You have gone out of your way to express this.  

To each their own.

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

I think this is a conversation that would be best served to bring up in August.

Let's see how the kid does against quality NFL competition before we anoint him anything.

Sills might be the most watched Bill this pre-season.

Him and Duke will be very interesting to watch in the WR battle.  This group and OL is going to be fun to watch develop through camp and preseason 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsFan17 said:

Remember when people ragged on Foster, especially after he was cut... yeah, not saying Sills will be similiar, but the point is, don't close the book before it's even been written.

There is a lot to like in Sills game, and while we do have a log game of above average potential at the position, no reason to believe Sills cant be a player for us.

I remember because I kept saying he had potential and people mocked that too and several respected posters insisted to me he would not even make the week one 53 man roster and was total trash...some in this very thread we are in now :) 

And when I said I think he would because he was beating people and getting open and just needed to work on tracking the ball better I was told I was nuts.  

None of that means Sills will succeed.  But it is clear proof declaring a kid is a bust or a stud early is a fools game.  Just like the people who said Allen was a bust, Milano was camp fodder, Levi and Taron were not going to make the team, etc all before they stepped on the field or even before camp or preseason was over.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I don’t care about that all.  You have said multiple times you’re irritated that people are excited and keep saying that.  Why people being excited irritates you so much is the only puzzle.  You have gone out of your way to express this.  

You lie again... All I said was you have mutiple threads and flood the shoutbox of course you are going to find people responding that you don't agree with and it irritates you for some reason.

How about you drop it so I don't have to keep responding to you. The kid has the ability to catch with his hands and that will take him to TC.

Edited by Boca BIlls

https://twitter.com/cover_1_/status/1122658651100143616?s=21

Cover 1: David Sills V, the ‘baddest dude on the field’

https://www.cover1.net/david-sills-west-virginia-the-baddest-dude-on-the-field/

Given Sills’s size, a rail-like 6-foot-4 and 203-pound frame, along with his reported 4.5-ish speed, he has had to master some tricks of the trade to separate, and it typically occurs during his release phase. Teams understand his skill set and have attempted to get physical with him at the line of scrimmage. As a result, he has had to learn how to beat physical press man coverage, and he has done that with patient, sudden, and creative releases.

Carrier said it best: “he doesn’t give away routes, so you don’t know if he’s releasing inside or outside, breaking left or right, nothing. He makes everything look the same to the cornerback — whether he’s going to run past you, or block you, or run a 5-yard stop route.”

This proves to be even more useful in the red zone. In 2018, QB Will Grier threw 14 on-target passes in the red zone in Sills’s direction, and Sills caught 11 of them for nine touchdowns.

This can be attributed to how proficient he is during his releases.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

You lie again... All I said was you have mutiple threads and flood the shoutbox of course you are going to find people responding that you don't agree with and it irritates you for some reason.

How about you drop it so I don't have to keep responding to you. The kid has the ability to catch with his hands and that will take him to TC.

Lol, lie?  Its what you said lmao.  

Yes it’s certainly move on time.   And I wasn’t even involved in your previous ranting about him.  I asked you why you have such an issue with peoples interest and excitement and feel the need to keep trying to squash it.  

Again, to each their own.

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

Lol, lie?  Its what you said lmao.  

Yes it’s certainly move on time.   And I wasn’t even involved in your previous ranting about him.  I asked you why you have such an issue with peoples interest and excitement and feel the need to keep trying to squash it.  

Again, to each their own.

Did you not notice you are the one that has the issue with people? You quoted me...

On 4/27/2019 at 4:51 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

What a steal right!  Most mocks had him rounds 3 to 5.  I kind of thought a run on WRs was going to be rampant in rounds 2 through 4 so thought he could go in there somewhere.  Thrilled to get him as an UDFA.  

On Day 3 of the draft after we had made our 6th round pick, I saw a fan wearing a Sills jersey.

I went up to him and asked him, "When is this guy going to get drafted?" He just shrugged at me and said. "I don't know why he still hasn't been picked."

I love that we signed him. He will be one to watch in training camp.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

On Day 3 of the draft after we had made our 6th round pick, I saw a fan wearing a Sills jersey.

I went up to him and asked him, "When is this guy going to get drafted?" He just shrugged at me and said. "I don't know why he still hasn't been picked."

I love that we signed him. He will be one to watch in training camp.

How was it and how did it compare to other host cities? Looked like a massive party scene? 

10 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I remember because I kept saying he had potential and people mocked that too and several respected posters insisted to me he would not even make the week one 53 man roster and was total trash...some in this very thread we are in now :) 

Yea I though Robert Foster right royally sucked in pre-season last year. They kept him week 1 to make him easier to stash on the PS and keep working with him and fair play to them it worked out. They may take a similar approach with Sills if they don't quite think he is ready to contribute early. I hadn't seen Foster at all in college in fairness - he couldn't get on the field at Alabama - my first exposure to him was him running under the ball and failing to catch it all pre-season. It seems to me that in the end they stuck with him based on Daboll's gut instinct as much as anything and they reaped the rewards. I suspect the man who worked with Foster during his spell on the PS was Chad Hall - hence his promotion in place of Robiskie.

Sills starts with a much more solid body of work than Robert Foster but probably faces a slightly more established WR group to break into than last year.

Haven’t seen this much hype since D’rick Rogers... how did that work out.... we had shittier WR’s and he couldn’t even make the team. Perhaps Sills will get stashed on the PS... or perhaps another team picks him up once we cut him.... but he won’t be on our roster...

10 minutes ago, CountryCletus said:

Haven’t seen this much hype since D’rick Rogers... how did that work out.... we had shittier WR’s and he couldn’t even make the team. Perhaps Sills will get stashed on the PS... or perhaps another team picks him up once we cut him.... but he won’t be on our roster...

Actually Da’Rick  probably makes the team if he had any kind of work ethic and didn’t have a drug problem. I  have no idea if Sills will make the team but don’t get the comparison between these two players.

• Awesome! (+1) 2