Ian R - Misdiagnosed at combine - no issues with heart after consulting an expert

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....but the "all clear" was issued on April 3, 2013. three weeks BEFORE the start of 2013 draft on April 25, 2013.....

Right but the point is they thought whatever they found out AT the combine was serious enough not to let him participate. Precautionary.

With Sweat, they supposedly found this condition and then let him participate anyways. If it was serious, it's his heart, you don't let someone participate in drills and do things physically if there's a change he collapses at the combine.

31 minutes ago, Toesy said:

The whole thing seems like a red herring-even if this kid has some heart issues it does not mean they would necessarily negatively impact his NFL career as a DE-what is far more statistically likely is serious problems would arise down the road after his NFL career is done. NFL players overall have shortened lifespans but this does not necessarily affect their NFL playing ability/production.

11238587baa01a182f7b0dbfbf1cd5a9.png

4 minutes ago, row_33 said:

facts, don't let them get in the way of the narrative  :D

Um, what facts did I not lay out and what narrative? Did they or did they not let Star participate at the combine because they thought they found something with his heart? Hint: They didn't.

Did they let Sweat participate after they supposedly found something with his heart? Hint: They did.

Ok then. Facts.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

12 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Right but the point is they thought whatever they found out AT the combine was serious enough not to let him participate. Precautionary.

With Sweat, they supposedly found this condition and then let him participate anyways. If it was serious, it's his heart, you don't let someone participate in drills and do things physically if there's a change he collapses at the combine.

it's not all that cut and dried, hopefully a physician would never clear someone as eligible to play in the NFL with a known condition that might kill him

until he is on the roster

11 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Um, what facts did I not lay out? Did they or did they not let Star participate at the combine because they thought they found something with his heart? Hint: They didn't.

Did they let Sweat participate after they supposedly found something with his heart? Hint: They did.

Ok then. Facts.

you are seriously having a hairy spazz over this?

get a life...

wayne cubed.... filed under "ignored" until the Bills win it all....

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

it's not all that cut and dried, hopefully a physician would never clear someone as eligible to play in the NFL with a known condition that might kill him

Um what? Until he's on the roster? You're not making any sense.

1 hour ago, ddaryl said:

its very suspicious that the news is let out the  day oof the draft.. Yes there will be legal issues if it was botched...

I doubt there will be any legal issues. It was the NFL's doctor opinion of the tests they ran. It is called practicing medicine for a reason. I am sure all the teams have access to the tests and scans so they can come to their own conclusions but they just dont make them public for obvious reasons. Maybe the teams doctors agree with the doctor at the combine and maybe they dont. 

14 minutes ago, row_33 said:

you are seriously having a hairy spazz over this?

get a life...

wayne cubed.... filed under "ignored" until the Bills win it all....

Who's having a hairy spazz? Try making sense next time, thanks.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

10 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Um, what facts did I not lay out and what narrative? Did they or did they not let Star participate at the combine because they thought they found something with his heart? Hint: They didn't.

Ok then. Facts.

...don't think facts were being questioned...I know I was not......purpose of my Star post was a reasonable time line to get the "all clear" out weeks in advance versus today's news on Draft Day.....

• Like (+1) 1