Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Reed83HOF

Ian R - Misdiagnosed at combine - no issues with heart after consulting an expert

Recommended Posts

Ian Rapoport was misdiagnosed?  What?!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

yeah if team doctors haven't verified this then its all agent speak IMO

Clarifying a potentially serious heart condition is a hell of a lot different than leaking something like "lots of teams are looking to trade up for X player".  There's legal ramifications lying about or botching something like this.

 

Teams also don't want to tip their hands before the draft so will generally stay quiet about these things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 1ManRaid said:

Clarifying a potentially serious heart condition is a hell of a lot different than leaking something like "lots of teams are looking to trade up for X player".  There's legal ramifications lying about or botching something like this.

 

Teams also don't want to tip their hands before the draft so will generally stay quiet about these things.

 

 

 

its very suspicious that the news is let out the  day oof the draft.. Yes there will be legal issues if it was botched...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ddaryl said:

 

 

 

its very suspicious that the news is let out the  day oof the draft.. Yes there will be legal issues if it was botched...

I wouldn't go so far as to call it suspicious.  Maybe they just wanted that positive news fresh on GMs' minds for the draft, or they only just found out themselves.  Suspicious implies some nefarious reason for it, and I'm not really seeing a reason to see it that way.

 

Suspicious would be hacked clips of a player smoking a bong being released hours before the draft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 minute ago, 1ManRaid said:

I wouldn't go so far as to call it suspicious.  Maybe they just wanted that positive news fresh on GMs' minds for the draft, or they only just found out themselves.  Suspicious implies some nefarious reason for it, and I'm not really seeing a reason to see it that way.

 

Suspicious would be hacked clips of a player smoking a bong being released hours before the draft.

 

 

I have no idea what you are getting at. This is shady suspicious crap.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

 

 

 

its very suspicious that the news is let out the  day oof the draft.. Yes there will be legal issues if it was botched...

There may or may not be legal issues involved on this.  I would need to see any waivers that prospects sign to be part of the combine and associated medical exams.  My guess is that the No Fun League has iron clad protection for themselves.  In terms of proving financial damage and thus liability, the player would need evidence to prove that another team or teams would have drafted him earlier had it not been for the medical issue.  A steep hill to climb legally.

 

I agree that all of this and the timing seems suspicious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The whole thing seems like a red herring-even if this kid has some heart issues it does not mean they would necessarily negatively impact his NFL career as a DE-what is far more statistically likely is serious problems would arise down the road after his NFL career is done. NFL players overall have shortened lifespans but this does not necessarily affect their NFL playing ability/production.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've always thought whatever it is with his heart, if there was or is something, it must not be a massive deal at all, they let Sweat compete at the combine. You don't do that if you suspect somethings wrong.

 

Our own Star Lotulelei was pulled from the combine and not allowed to participate because of an abnormal heart exam. Which turned out to be fine.

 

This stuff happens, they do get it wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Reed83HOF said:

 

IAN R - Medical Expert in Houston in says heart condition misdiagnosed at combine.Belief is the measurement was done incorrect and there is no longer any medical risk for him

 

Ian r was misdiagnosed!?!?!?!?!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chuck Wagon said:

A video of him smoking out of a gas mask?

 

dude

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I guess the check Belichick wrote to the combine doctor bounced.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Haha (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

I've always thought whatever it is with his heart, if there was or is something, it must not be a massive deal at all, they let Sweat compete at the combine. You don't do that if you suspect somethings wrong.

 

Our own Star Lotulelei was pulled from the combine and not allowed to participate because of an abnormal heart exam. Which turned out to be fine.

 

This stuff happens, they do get it wrong.

 

....but the "all clear" was issued on April 3, 2013. three weeks BEFORE the start of 2013 draft on April 25, 2013.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

 

....but the "all clear" was issued on April 3, 2013. three weeks BEFORE the start of 2013 draft on April 25, 2013.....

 

 

facts, don't let them get in the way of the narrative  :D

 

 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

 

....but the "all clear" was issued on April 3, 2013. three weeks BEFORE the start of 2013 draft on April 25, 2013.....

 

Right but the point is they thought whatever they found out AT the combine was serious enough not to let him participate. Precautionary.

 

With Sweat, they supposedly found this condition and then let him participate anyways. If it was serious, it's his heart, you don't let someone participate in drills and do things physically if there's a change he collapses at the combine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Toesy said:

The whole thing seems like a red herring-even if this kid has some heart issues it does not mean they would necessarily negatively impact his NFL career as a DE-what is far more statistically likely is serious problems would arise down the road after his NFL career is done. NFL players overall have shortened lifespans but this does not necessarily affect their NFL playing ability/production.

 

11238587baa01a182f7b0dbfbf1cd5a9.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, row_33 said:

 

 

facts, don't let them get in the way of the narrative  :D

 

 

 

Um, what facts did I not lay out and what narrative? Did they or did they not let Star participate at the combine because they thought they found something with his heart? Hint: They didn't.

 

Did they let Sweat participate after they supposedly found something with his heart? Hint: They did.

 

Ok then. Facts.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

 

Right but the point is they thought whatever they found out AT the combine was serious enough not to let him participate. Precautionary.

 

With Sweat, they supposedly found this condition and then let him participate anyways. If it was serious, it's his heart, you don't let someone participate in drills and do things physically if there's a change he collapses at the combine.

 

it's not all that cut and dried, hopefully a physician would never clear someone as eligible to play in the NFL with a known condition that might kill him

 

until he is on the roster

 

 

11 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

 

Um, what facts did I not lay out? Did they or did they not let Star participate at the combine because they thought they found something with his heart? Hint: They didn't.

 

Did they let Sweat participate after they supposedly found something with his heart? Hint: They did.

 

Ok then. Facts.

 

you are seriously having a hairy spazz over this?

 

get a life...

 

wayne cubed.... filed under "ignored" until the Bills win it all....

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, row_33 said:

 

it's not all that cut and dried, hopefully a physician would never clear someone as eligible to play in the NFL with a known condition that might kill him

 

until he is on the roster

 

 

 

Um what? Until he's on the roster? You're not making any sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ddaryl said:

 

 

 

its very suspicious that the news is let out the  day oof the draft.. Yes there will be legal issues if it was botched...

I doubt there will be any legal issues. It was the NFL's doctor opinion of the tests they ran. It is called practicing medicine for a reason. I am sure all the teams have access to the tests and scans so they can come to their own conclusions but they just dont make them public for obvious reasons. Maybe the teams doctors agree with the doctor at the combine and maybe they dont. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, row_33 said:

 

it's not all that cut and dried, hopefully a physician would never clear someone as eligible to play in the NFL with a known condition that might kill him

 

until he is on the roster

 

 

 

you are seriously having a hairy spazz over this?

 

get a life...

 

wayne cubed.... filed under "ignored" until the Bills win it all....

 

 

 

 

Who's having a hairy spazz? Try making sense next time, thanks.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

 

Um, what facts did I not lay out and what narrative? Did they or did they not let Star participate at the combine because they thought they found something with his heart? Hint: They didn't.

 

Did they let Sweat participate after they supposedly found something with his heart? Hint: They did.

 

Ok then. Facts.

 

...don't think facts were being questioned...I know I was not......purpose of my Star post was a reasonable time line to get the "all clear" out weeks in advance versus today's news on Draft Day.....

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...