Ian R - Misdiagnosed at combine - no issues with heart after consulting an expert

Can he sue anyone for this?   :wallbash:

11 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

What you think Gunner......does this change your Mock?  Do you like Sweat better then Burns?

I know you didn't ask me, but I do. And  I'm an FSU fan.

12 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

yeah if team doctors haven't verified this then its all agent speak IMO

Clarifying a potentially serious heart condition is a hell of a lot different than leaking something like "lots of teams are looking to trade up for X player".  There's legal ramifications lying about or botching something like this.

Teams also don't want to tip their hands before the draft so will generally stay quiet about these things.

1 minute ago, 1ManRaid said:

Clarifying a potentially serious heart condition is a hell of a lot different than leaking something like "lots of teams are looking to trade up for X player".  There's legal ramifications lying about or botching something like this.

Teams also don't want to tip their hands before the draft so will generally stay quiet about these things.

its very suspicious that the news is let out the  day oof the draft.. Yes there will be legal issues if it was botched...

Just now, ddaryl said:

its very suspicious that the news is let out the  day oof the draft.. Yes there will be legal issues if it was botched...

I wouldn't go so far as to call it suspicious.  Maybe they just wanted that positive news fresh on GMs' minds for the draft, or they only just found out themselves.  Suspicious implies some nefarious reason for it, and I'm not really seeing a reason to see it that way.

Suspicious would be hacked clips of a player smoking a bong being released hours before the draft.

1 minute ago, 1ManRaid said:

I wouldn't go so far as to call it suspicious.  Maybe they just wanted that positive news fresh on GMs' minds for the draft, or they only just found out themselves.  Suspicious implies some nefarious reason for it, and I'm not really seeing a reason to see it that way.

Suspicious would be hacked clips of a player smoking a bong being released hours before the draft.

I have no idea what you are getting at. This is shady suspicious crap.. 

19 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

There may or may not be legal issues involved on this.  I would need to see any waivers that prospects sign to be part of the combine and associated medical exams.  My guess is that the No Fun League has iron clad protection for themselves.  In terms of proving financial damage and thus liability, the player would need evidence to prove that another team or teams would have drafted him earlier had it not been for the medical issue.  A steep hill to climb legally.

I agree that all of this and the timing seems suspicious.

The whole thing seems like a red herring-even if this kid has some heart issues it does not mean they would necessarily negatively impact his NFL career as a DE-what is far more statistically likely is serious problems would arise down the road after his NFL career is done. NFL players overall have shortened lifespans but this does not necessarily affect their NFL playing ability/production.

I've always thought whatever it is with his heart, if there was or is something, it must not be a massive deal at all, they let Sweat compete at the combine. You don't do that if you suspect somethings wrong.

Our own Star Lotulelei was pulled from the combine and not allowed to participate because of an abnormal heart exam. Which turned out to be fine.

This stuff happens, they do get it wrong.

13 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

I've always thought whatever it is with his heart, if there was or is something, it must not be a massive deal at all, they let Sweat compete at the combine. You don't do that if you suspect somethings wrong.

Our own Star Lotulelei was pulled from the combine and not allowed to participate because of an abnormal heart exam. Which turned out to be fine.

This stuff happens, they do get it wrong.

....but the "all clear" was issued on April 3, 2013. three weeks BEFORE the start of 2013 draft on April 25, 2013.....

11 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....but the "all clear" was issued on April 3, 2013. three weeks BEFORE the start of 2013 draft on April 25, 2013.....

facts, don't let them get in the way of the narrative  :D

• Like (+1) 1