Solomon Thomas is an option for Bills

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Haha.  I actually did like Trent Edwards for awhile. ? but I was never a fan of the Murphy signing. 

But normally, go with Stanford guys.  If they fail, it won’t be because of lack of effort. 

Jonathan Martin

53 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

The Bills would have 3 Stanford guys on their d-line -- which is crazy. Why the dislike of Trent? The season he was healthy for Washington, he was really good, and while he was banged up last year, he did flash. 

If he was healthy, no dislike, agree with you.  He has a PED suspension.  PED use and chosen training facility/methods (apparently known as PED Central with the bodybuilder crowd) has created an injury-prone underperformer for whom we overpaid.

Now, if we got him to train for flexibility and reduced injury risk and he still works out, I take it all back

2 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I brought him up as a possible target a while back. What do I win? 

Same as all of us who said he was a trade target as Bosa has been assumed to SF for a long time...and that prize is...

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

?

?????

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Tsaikotic said:

ok so a 4th or 5th for Soloman and still switch #9 and add 4th or 5th with Houston for Clowney ... that wouldnt be to bad

Don't go blind, that's what I would do. 

Swap with Houston, 9, 2020 2nd, and a 5th for Clowney, #23 and a late pick. 

Trade a 4th for Solomon Thomas. Or perhaps trade them Zay Jones for Thomas straight up. Maybe play Thomas as a 3 tech full time. 

Trade Jerry Hughes to the Giants for a 2020 3rd, or the opportunity to trade up from 23 to 17. Or trade up in the second round. James Bettcher Connection.

Clowney-Star-Thomas-Murphy

Edited by MrEpsYtown

1 minute ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

really liked him in college, no idea how he has done as a pro.

He's a solid player...but he doesn't get sacks and that has been the issue. I think he projects better in our defense whether he plays end or tackle. 

3 hours ago, Logic said:

If we could send them a mid-roundish pick for Thomas, it would be AWESOME. It would solve our 3T problem right out of the gate, leaving our two picks available for other positions. Please let this happen!

4rth sounds fair

2 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

He's a solid player...but he doesn't get sacks and that has been the issue. I think he projects better in our defense whether he plays end or tackle. 

What position was he there ?

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

4rth sounds fair

What position was he there ?

He was playing end. this year they used him as more of a tackle, and he was better, but still did not generate sacks. I think he's a better fit in the McDermott system.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Rufridr101 said:

What's his salary.  Probably pretty high being a high pick. 

He won't make a ton because the 9ers are going to eat the cap hit. I think his salary is like 3 million this year. I think it would be higher next season. Not sure how all that signing bonus stuff works. 

14 minutes ago, Rufridr101 said:

What's his salary.  Probably pretty high being a high pick. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/solomon-thomas-21744/

We would owe base salary and roster bonus - signing bonus would be paid by SF.  So 2yr 7 mil with an option year that we wouldn't pick up unless he turned into a great player - not a rotational piece.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

He won't make a ton because the 9ers are going to eat the cap hit. I think his salary is like 3 million this year. I think it would be higher next season. Not sure how all that signing bonus stuff works. 

Thx probably a option depending on who's available round 1

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

And he's the same age as Christian Wilkins!:lol:

If a guy with his type of character and production at an institution like Stanford can underachieve that tells you all you need to know about "high floor" assumptions.

4 minutes ago, dneveu said:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/solomon-thomas-21744/

We would owe base salary and roster bonus - signing bonus would be paid by SF.  So 2yr 7 mil with an option year that we wouldn't pick up unless he turned into a great player - not a rotational piece.

Those type of roster bonuses are usually paid in March.    Did I miss the date the bonus has to be paid?

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

And he's the same age as Christian Wilkins!:lol:

If a guy with his type of character and production at an institution like Stanford can underachieve that tells you all you need to know about "high floor" assumptions.

Those type of roster bonuses are usually paid in March.    Did I miss the date the bonus has to be paid?

Not sure - it wasn't included in the dead money number the 49ers would assume upon a release/trade - but usually these contracts are fully guaranteed.