Pre-draft Therapy Session: Dr YOLO is in

34 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Nick Bosa ends up with the Jets

Dolphins trade with the Raiders(they did in 2013) and select Q Williams

Allen is off the board

Ed Oliver is on the board at 8 and the Falcons leap frog us and take him.

This exact thing. Its the worst case scenario. Or even Miami ending up with Kyler Murray. 

36 minutes ago, Logic said:

What Ben Allbright just mocked is kind of a little frightening. Hockenson still on the board but the Bills pass on him and take Wilkins. Christian Wilkins will be a darned good NFL player, but is he going to be as special at his position as Hockenson? This might not sit well with me.

What would REALLY set me off? If the Patriots wind up with Hockenson or Fant. Just what we all need.

BY FAR the worst part about that imo, is Atlanta trading up for Oliver.  If he goes 8 I’ll be sick.  

I just have that sick feeling that we’re taking Jonah Williams or Christian Wilkins. Both fine prospects but I’d MUCH rather trade down to the teens and get more ammo to trade back into the 1st.

Other than that.  I don’t care about our division.  If we do well, that’s all we need.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

BY FAR the worst part about that imo, is Atlanta trading up for Oliver.  If he goes 8 I’ll be sick.  

I just have that sick feeling that we’re taking Jonah Williams or Christian Wilkins. Both fine prospects but I’d MUCH rather trade down to the teens and get more ammo to trade back into the 1st.

Other than that.  I don’t care about our division.  If we do well, that’s all we need.  

This. Except I wouldn't say it's quite a "sick" feeling, since we DO need both a DT and some more protection for Allen. Also, the trenches are said to be pretty bereft in next year's draft, while the skill positions are said to have a lot of good prospects. If this is true, then it makes sense to stock up the trenches THIS year and let next year be a "skill position" year. 

I'm mentally preparing myself for the Bills pick to be very "un-sexy".

43 minutes ago, TOboy said:

Bills trade lots of draft capital to move into the top 4, only to pick Andre Dillard (or any tackle really). We then watch the other top OT's slide to the late teens and early 20's. 

To top it off, the Pats stand pat and Hock falls to them at the end of the 1st. 

Ouch.

46 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

We trade down and pick up a CB with our 1st pick in the 2019 draft...you did ask for nightmare, right? :D

No way do I see that happening though. Trust the process!!

Take a tip from Rick Spielman's wife....

"If you draft a cornerback, don't bother coming home tonight, just stay at the office."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Maybe its because unlike many of you I don't watch college football, so I only take info about players from this board, but I don't see any nightmare scenario tonight.

Trade up for elite player? Draft Oliver, Hockenson, Taylor, J. Williams, Wilkins or even Metcalf at 9? Trade down and grab more picks? All fine with me.

And if they do something what people here want the least (e.g. drafting Sweat or Gary at 9), at this stage I have no reason to believe that this FO makes worse decision than people in this board would.

All in all, I am looking forward anything they do (drafing Oliver would not hurt though).

I'm sold on Beane, until he misses badly on picks in the first two rounds, and it will take at least the rookie season to know if he missed. 

So I have no nightmare scenarios.   My reaction tonight will be that whomever he takes will make the team better, and that's good enough for me. 

Everything is different once you have your QB.  

• Like (+1) 4

49 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

I think it is entirely possible they end up with Fant.

Or maybe they put together a deal to acquire Rosen from Arizona... :D

This is my nightmare.  If the Pats find the heir to Brady while TB is still there I will cry.

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

All 3 networks covering the draft go to commercial while the Bills are on the clock.

They come back from 10 minutes of commercials to see we took Metcalf at @9 who slipped and fell off the stage breaking both of his legs.

Sorry Yolo, you asked.... At least I won't run out of Tequila tonight no matter who Beane picks.

Damn, son, you win...

58 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5cc1d9537037557355What is your nightmare scenario tonight? Division rivals included? Let it all out. 

My nightmare scenario is taking either Hock or Metcalf as our only first round pick.  I'm mentally prepared to go through the following stages:

1. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1a. Kick dog.

1b. Give dog the ol' Ike Turner, "I'm sorry, baby," apology.

2. Watch more videos and say to myself, "well, maybe it wasn't really a bad pick."

3. Fall in love with whomever is picked.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Logic said:

This. Except I wouldn't say it's quite a "sick" feeling, since we DO need both a DT and some more protection for Allen. Also, the trenches are said to be pretty bereft in next year's draft, while the skill positions are said to have a lot of good prospects. If this is true, then it makes sense to stock up the trenches THIS year and let next year be a "skill position" year. 

I'm mentally preparing myself for the Bills pick to be very "un-sexy".

I hear ya.  They both fill huge needs.  I just feel that we can trade down with some of the OL needing teams and end up drafting similar talent while adding potential starting in extra picks 

• Like (+1) 1

Hopefully SF takes Bosa so they don't have a prime edge defender fall in their laps, and I also don't want them to find a trade back partner as a means of getting more early picks. 

Miami, who knows? I just want Fitzpatrick to win enough games (excluding against us) to where it ruins their tank for Tua or Herbert.

As for the Patriots, I want them to maintain the status quo and keep drafting utility players - stay away from Rosen and don't have a partner that's willing to let you trade up to get a QB or TE that you'd really like. 

Nightmare scenario for us? I can't really envision one honestly.

1 hour ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Christian Wilkins and the pats getting Hock or Fant or Metcalf

What's wrong with Wilkins? He's an exceptional player from a Top conference with character and work ethic. I'm willing to over look  the whole testicle grab thing.

Just now, billsbackto81 said:

What's wrong with Wilkins? He's an exceptional player from a Top conference with character and work ethic. I'm willing to over look  the whole testicle grab thing.

I have nothing against him I just think he would be a reach at 9 there would be better talent than him available