Giants select in the first round ...

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Ed Oliver. 

Or that

4 hours ago, OJ Tom said:

who cares? I couldn't give a Schiff...Go to a Giants board.

me neither but i was tired of rehashing every Bills scenario relentlessly :D

4 hours ago, Jeetz1231 said:

Isn't this what the numerous mock draft threads are for?

No

4 hours ago, OJ Tom said:

No, I'm here to discuss the Bills, not wring my hands over my "second" team, which is obviously what this guy is doing.  Who gives a ***** about the Giants? Not me, I'm a Bills fan. All other teams mean NOTHING. 

"oh, oh, oh..but I like the Giants cuz their an NFC team , so it's different...and my grandpa really liked  YA Tittle..." so what? This is a Bills forum.

this is a football forum as well.

3 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

I agree that he won't pick a QB with the first pick. However, he may do so with their second 1st round pick. IMO, he should have taken one last year, regardless of how good Saquon Barkley is. 

they should have last year but i dont think the quality of QBs in this draft is worth it, it will be better next year or if they are bad enough the kid from Clemson in 21

3 hours ago, OJ Tom said:

I think the Giants should draft Parris Campbell. I''m really looking forward to watching them beat the Bills in the future. 

Gettleman is a fool. They need to capture that old Lawrence Taylor vibe! Eli usually beats the Bills, and that's alright, because it's still a New York victory. But they gotta get the defense up to snuff. Remember, Bill Parcells said "Defense wins championships" after the Giants beat the Jim Kelly led Bills in the Super Bowl (it's cool, cuz it was a NY State Super Bowl win!!...Yay!).

The Giants are cool, cuz their uni's are Red White and Blue, and they're from NY State, just like the Bills...Yay!

Nothing gets me as excited as Giants football, I just come to this Bills forum because I live in BLO. I actually prefer the NFC (it's always been better...just admit it), but follow the Bills because they're my hometown team. Deep down, I love Bill Parcells, Phil Simms, Frank Gifford, Harry Carson, Phil McConkey... the list goes on and on.

Face it, the Bills organization basically sucks, so I like having a team in the league that wins sometimes, and I can kinda call them my own, cuz they're in the same state (well, New Jersey, but it's the name that counts!). This way, when the Bills suck, I still have a chance to ride on the coattails of a successful, big city team, while waiting for the chance to parade around as a fan of a lovable underdog when the Bills finally win the big one!

YAY!

GO GIANTS! (and Bills too!)

Man, you really do love the Giants, you should join their forum instead :beer:

2 hours ago, OJ Tom said:

I don't go to say, a Jacksonville Jaguars site, and start a thread talkin' 'bout the Bills need for an outside linebacker. I wouldn't do that, cuz it's an affront to the Jags fans, and LAME.

Thanks for all the comments, you're really keeping this topic relevant :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

@Buffalo Barbarian is a long time Bills fan, so, he is posting in HIS team's site. Believe it or not, we (the collective we as Bills fans) like to talk football that sometimes involve other teams. If it is an "affront" to you, then stay out of those threads.

Thank you.

2 hours ago, OJ Tom said:

I'm a long time Bills fan too, and it's a BILLS board.

YAWN !!!

• Like (+1) 2

I hate these yelling at clouds posters who get all annoyed because how DARE you ask about what the New York Giants will pick on a Buffalo Bills board?

Truth is: How the Giants go at 6 could play a big role into how Beane and the Bills act at 9.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, OJ Tom said:

NO. It's offensive to me when posters come here to discuss other teams when it doesn't directly relate to the Bills.

Your offense is duly noted, but historically this is a football board,  primarily for but not solely restricted to Bills.  This is especially true at draft time, when our draft choices are directly affected by the choices of teams drafting above us.

So please let it go...we try to get folks to make descriptive titles just for that reason, so disinterested folks can leave those threads alone.

50 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

they should have last year but i dont think the quality of QBs in this draft is worth it, it will be better next year or if they are bad enough the kid from Clemson in 21

I caught part of a pre-draft show with a pundit former NFL QB on NFL network, and believe it or don't he had Mayfield as the only QB better than a couple of this years draftee QBs  (I can't remember who said pundit was now, sorry)

So actually some people apparently think some of the guys this year are better.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, OJ Tom said:

No, I'm here to discuss the Bills, not wring my hands over my "second" team, which is obviously what this guy is doing.  Who gives a ***** about the Giants? Not me, I'm a Bills fan. All other teams mean NOTHING. 

"oh, oh, oh..but I like the Giants cuz their an NFC team , so it's different...and my grandpa really liked  YA Tittle..." so what? This is a Bills forum.

Jeezus Beavis, calm down! It's draft speculation, everything is connected and fair game. 

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

The Giants will select in the first round.

Since everyone is excited about this Giants thread, I think that trading OBJ and getting good compensation was a great move. They won't be good enough to win for a few more years and OBJ's antics were becoming buffoonish. The party boat in Miami before the biggest game of his career then running around Lambeau shirtless in the freezing cold (he stunk), the kicking net incidents, Josh Norman punking him (resulting in Coughlin getting fired), and the urinating move. Too bad they game him all that $ the year before... It's baffling that they went out and overpaid for Golden Tate right after that though. Their talent level is still too high.

With no QBs worth taking at #6 defense should be the focus. They just need to be careful not to end up in the 7-9, 8-8, or 9-7 range because they won't be able to ever get the QB they've needed for the last few years.

Now let's go over to the Giants' board and talk about the Jets. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I caught part of a pre-draft show with a pundit former NFL QB on NFL network, and believe it or don't he had Mayfield as the only QB better than a couple of this years draftee QBs  (I can't remember who said pundit was now, sorry)

It may entirely be the case that the Giants didn't feel any QB after Mayfield was worth the #2 pick and that there would be an opportunity to select a QB this year. They may not use their first pick for a QB; however, I would be really surprised if they didn't use their 2nd pick (or package it with something else to move up) to select an heir to Eli.

It would be a tough sell to pass up an opportunity to get one of the top rated QBs two years in a row.

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Your offense is duly noted, but historically this is a football board,  primarily for but not solely restricted to Bills.  This is especially true at draft time, when our draft choices are directly affected by the choices of teams drafting above us.

So please let it go...we try to get folks to make descriptive titles just for that reason, so disinterested folks can leave those threads alone.

Lol those guys are idiots.

Id put last years top 3 above this years

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

9 hours ago, OJ Tom said:

"oh, oh, oh..but I like the Giants cuz their an NFC team , so it's different...and my grandpa really liked  YA Tittle..." so what? This is a Bills forum

Y'know, if you read this in Eric Cartman's voice, it's even funnier.

While I'm not going to weigh in on whether this needed its own thread, I think it's ridiculous to think this conversation doesn't belong here. It's totally relevant because even a non-draft savvy person like myself is at least smart enough to know that a large portion of what happens at #9 is driven by what happens with 1-8. If any team picking after the Giants wants a QB, and the Giants opt to not pick one this year, then trade-ups can happen quickly...especially with a team like Washington. You don't even need to be a little smart to understand this.

Also, the next time someone wants to refer to PPP as the cesspool, remember these kinds of posts.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, downunderbill said:

Hypocrite? When have I ever had a crack at someone for starting a thread? 

Because you want him to just scroll on by and not comment.  He can comment if he wants to - so long as it's no offensive.  He wants there not to be non-Bills threads - and you disagree with that.  

You can't disagree with him and try to silence him without being a hypocrite.  He has every right to post and the OP has every right to start a football thread.  

45 minutes ago, White Linen said:

Because you want him to just scroll on by and not comment.  He can comment if he wants to - so long as it's no offensive.  He wants there not to be non-Bills threads - and you disagree with that.  

You can't disagree with him and try to silence him without being a hypocrite.  He has every right to post and the OP has every right to start a football thread.  

"Just scroll on" the saying just isn't trying to silence someone, it's that common internet saying suggesting why get angry, you can move on if you don't like a topic.

But you're right anyone can be a grown up about it, better to go into the thread and throw a tantrum.

Edited by downunderbill

28 minutes ago, downunderbill said:

"Just scroll on" the saying just isn't trying to silence someone, it's that common internet saying suggesting why get angry, you can move on if you don't like a topic.

But you're right anyone can be a grown up about it, better to go into the thread and throw a tantrum.

Don't you see that telling someone to not comment (if they want to, even if it's a dislike of the topic itself) - is the same thing as someone not wanting a Giants thread started?

He has a right to not like the thread and comment about it. 

I'm not saying I agree or think it's "grown up" - I'm saying don't pick sides if you're telling one person to just not say anything about something they want to.