Logic & Common Sense means Hockenson @ #1

PUNT750

25 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

No tight end taken top ten has ever lived up to it

What do past drafts have to do with anything? If past drafts were the gold standard for player evaluation, teams would be clamoring to grab the next most successful quarterback of all time at pick number 199. 

Last year’s draft was last year. Past drafts are in the past. This year’s players are this year’s players. 

Edited by Jumpsuit Jim
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, PUNT750 said:

Jason Croom has just 22 career receptions and is being paid $500,000/season.  He's an URFA next year.  

Next year when Croom becomes an unrestricted restricted free agent we're going to be screwed!  

• Haha (+1) 1

I'm on the Hock Train because you get a blocking stud on the O-line and someone who could very well put up WR 1 numbers, all in the same pick.  That is what I call draft value.

He is consistently rated higher than any WR in this draft for a reason. 

He is a consensus top ten draft pick in this draft for a reason.

He is the #1 rated offensive skill player who is not a QB in this draft for a reason. 

I would love for Allen to have a true #1 receiving weapon and security blanket to throw to. 

I'd love to have Shady, Gore, and Yeldon running behind the  left side of our line with Hock/Nsekhe/Spain/Morse blowing open huge holes for them. 

I'd love to add someone who can play like Gronk, Ertz, or Kittle on this offense, run by a guy like Daboll who coached Gronk for years, and knows how to scheme to maximize a TE's production..

For those who say that there is no guarantee Hock can play like Ertz or Gronk, you're absolutely right.  By the same measure there is no way to guarantee that whoever we draft at 9 instead of Hock will be a stud either.  It's all a crap shoot.

My biggest worry about Hockenson is that he wont be there at #9 when it's our turn to select.  It think there is only a 1 in 3 chance he is still on the board at #9.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PUNT750 said:

I apologize for the name spelling mistake!  I was just so excited about this pick!!!! 

We can find a nice OT in Round #2.  Is a 1st Round DT going to really make the D that much better in his rookie year?  An Edge rusher is needed but there are plenty of steals in the 3rd and 4th Rounds for that specialty position.

Newly signed TE Kroft has just 67 career receptions over 4 years.  His Dead Cap for 2020 is a very manageable $1.6 mil.  Jason Croom has just 22 career receptions and is being paid $500,000/season.  He's an URFA next year.  

The BILLS need a great - not good - TIGHT END

GO BILLS!!!

i hope so but , the Bills history of TEs is pitiful, i think Jonah Williams is the pick.

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

It’s just 24 hours away, people! This excruciating experience will come to an end! 

I trust the FO to get it right, and suspect they may make it exciting! 

I think this FO will do as you say!!!  Maybe some big surprises???

8 minutes ago, Augie said:

It’s just 24 hours away, people! This excruciating experience will come to an end! 

Cant wait !!

I even took today off of work because i couldn't stop thinking about the draft!

5 day weekend !!!

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

Convince me Hockenson is the next Kellen Winslow Sr. on the field and I am. all in.

He will be better , doesn't drop the ball and can block like a lineman.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

7 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Cant wait !!

I even took today off of work because i couldn't stop thinking about the draft!

5 day weekend !!!

He will be better , doesn't drop the ball and can block like a lineman.

He is going to be better than one of the best TE's EVER?

Good luck with that one.

And if the Bills draft him and you are right, you should get a job in the NFL.

20 minutes ago, Augie said:

Last year was way worse.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PUNT750 said:

Logic & Common Sense means Hockenson @ #1

That ain't logic or common sense.

That's what a guy on the internet wants.

Nothing wrong with wanting something. But believing your confirmation bias will destroy your logical thinking.

Edited by Thurman#1

2 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

That ain't logic or common sense.

That's what a guy on the internet wants.

By that standard we're all in trouble Thurman.

You have been a guy on the internet saying something at least 8,548 times.    ?