Any bowling fans ?

mead107

1 minute ago, KD in CA said:

Wait till you feel it tomorrow!

Already feeling it in my fingers. 

I can’t run or walk to the line and throw the ball. Went to the line and tried to roll it.  

Did get 2 strikes today.  ?

I like bowling...bowled in a league when I was a kid and go maybe once a year nowadays.  But I got a chuckle when I first saw this thread because I thought you were asking as in if anybody was a fan of watching/following professional bowlers and I was like I don't know if I've ever met a bowling "fan" in that sense lol.  I can't really think of any other sport where I could say the same either. 

2 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

I like bowling...bowled in a league when I was a kid and go maybe once a year nowadays.  But I got a chuckle when I first saw this thread because I thought you were asking as in if anybody was a fan of watching/following professional bowlers and I was like I don't know if I've ever met a bowling "fan" in that sense lol.  I can't really think of any other sport where I could say the same either. 

Bowling alley parties were the sh*t back when I was in middle school.  You got to bowl, play arcade games, then go in the break room to eat the cake and watch MTV when they actually played music.  

That was during the 90s and things changed a lot to say the least since then.  However I was talking to a bank teller recently and her son was hosting one.  So maybe that sort of thing is trendy now with kids again?  I’d have no idea

• Awesome! (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

The irony for me was earlier tonight my boys put college bowling on instead of baseball or hockey just to f with me. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Used to bowl as a kid, got my first trophy for high doubles in 5 pin. As a kid many of us had birthday parties at bowling allies.

Don't do it much now but occasionally we will go. I have never been interested in following the pros or watching it on TV though (kinda like golf, I will play a couple times a year at most, but never watch it or follow the pros much).

I have bowled alot more on the Wii, my kids have been bowling on it too

Edited by apuszczalowski

2 hours ago, BigMcD said:

Use one of these? 

B8F3C925-AB88-42FB-9446-729A4B49ED47.jpeg

He needs gutter guards up too.

If the ally doesn't have permanent gutter guards installed, I have seen some places just use 4" corrugated drain pipe lengths in the gutters to stop the small kids from throwing gutterball after gutterball!  LoL...

Rule3_Main.jpg

@mead107 ^^^^^

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

I loved the local bowling alley when I was a kid. They had this new song in the jukebox I played over and over and over. A song called Black Dog. ?

Mississippi moon, won't you keep on shinin' on me .....

Awesome tune!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I used to work in a bowling alley and bowled from around 13 to 18 years old. High game was 298 and I had a few 700 series. It's probably been close to a decade since I last bowled.

Show off!  Nobody likes a show off.  Hope this ain't like Trump keeping score in golf.  Before computers bowling was an honor system too...

In case you don't believe me:

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2019/03/31/pro-golfers-say-president-trump-cheats-at-the-highest-level-in-new-book/23703551/

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Ten pin?  Duck pin?  5 pin?  Candlepin?

I’ve always been intrigued by candlepin, where, where fallen pins (deadwood) are not cleared between balls in the frame.  Popular in New England and the Maritimes, apparently.  Yolo has mentioned there’s duckpin (ten pins, smaller, smaller balls) around his way I believe.

If you grew up in Buffalo you learned all about bowling.  I've never taken it too seriously but even if I haven't bowled in a couple of years I'll still roll a 150+ without too much difficulty.

Bowling gets a bad rap -- it's a fun night out.  And what guy doesn't like an activity where you get to sit back and watch women from behind without feeling like a creep?