Interesting draft tidbits that don't fit in any thread, may be smoke, may be true

1. What this top draft prospect loves about the Buffalo Bills

“The facilities are amazing, just to put that out there. Their facilities are top-notch,” said Houston defensive tackle Ed Oliver according to Andy Young of Spectrum News.

“Their scheme is great and it fits me,” Oliver said. “They need a three-technique linemen and if it’s me that they call on then ‘hey I’m coming.’

Kyle Williams was great for them and I would like to watch his film and see how he lasted so long.

I think I can come in right away, step up to the plate, and play. They have a unique situation where a guy retired and they need someone to come in right away and play, that would be a blessing.”

Bills Today: Ed Oliver

3 minutes ago, hjnick said:

:sick:

LOL! 

You wouldn't take Ed Oliver, Jaylon Ferguson and Terry McLaurin with our first three picks?

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

I just really don't want to trade up for anything that isn't a QB.. I feel like that backfires far too often. 

Essentially trading our 2nd for their third and a Top 5 prospect in the class. I'd absolutely do that especially if we end up with Oliver, Ferguson and McLaurin by the end of Day 2.

Edited by FeelingOnYouboty

4 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

LOL! 

You wouldn't take Ed Oliver, Jaylon Ferguson and Terry McLaurin with our first three picks?

Essentially trading our 2nd for their third and a Top 5 prospect in the class. I'd absolutely do that especially if we end up with Oliver, Ferguson and McLaurin by the end of Day 2.

I wouldn't either.

Oliver has serious concerns, Ferguson's a 6th rd talent at best and McLaurin is more of what we already have at wr. 

Hard pass.

EDIT: AND WE TRADED UP FOR OLIVER?!?!?!?!? FML, really glad Joey B ain't our GM...

giphy.gif

Edited by glazeduck

I'm not as high on Oliver as others.  He's fast but in the NFL experienced offensive lineman are a different animal.  His arms are 31.5 long.  That's to short and makes it hard to get off blocks. He's also light which concerns me about playing the run. These factors must be taken into account if we're going to trade up. The only way beano should trade up is for can't miss prospect,  that's quinnen Williams. I'd be ok to move up for Williams.  I really like the idea of moving back a little and drafting Dexter Lawrence.

4 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

Bills pick 9 – Bills trade down to Redskins at pick 15, they receive a second round pick 46.

Bills pick 15 – Noah Fant, TE, Iowa – Bills want to build around Josh Allen and this is a way to do it. Hockenson goes early, and they want to add as many targets as they can for Allen. Fant is a guy that can spread the field and get open. Bills land an additional second round pick but they may not be done in round 1.

•  

Bills trade pick 40 and pick 46 to move back into the first round trading with Oakland Raiders pick 24.

Bills pick 24 – Christian Wilkins, DT, Clemson – Bills lost Kyle Williams and Christian Wilkins is a Sean McDermott guy. Many have the Bills selecting Ed Oliver, but I do not feel he is a guy that will get along very well with McDermott and company. Wilkins is a mover and a shaker and I feel he will dominate for the Bills next to Star and Harry for years.

Bills pick 74 – Tytus Howard, OT, Alabama – The Bills love mean and gritty lineman and this guy is the best one in the draft. He could go way higher than this pick, but I am going to stick to my guns and keep him to the Bills at pick 74. Bills like the kid and worked him out at his pro day.

Not a huge fan of trading down but I would be pleased with this scenario. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsfaninSB said:

How could you not take Allen in that scenario. 

Agreed, I would be pissed.  Stay at 9 or trade down, then trade back into the first so perhaps you have two first rounders and second rounder.   I like Fergusan but McLaurin is nothing special.