Interesting draft tidbits that don't fit in any thread, may be smoke, may be true

10 minutes ago, TOboy said:

You might be right about the timing to replace, and it's Gruden, so who the hell knows. But I don't think Tannehill is a good comp. The guy isn't nearly as good, and he's always injured. 

Can't disagree with that. Gruden is gonna Gruden. 

Tannehill has the lost season in 2017 - but when healthy, his numbers are a lot like carr's.  They both throw a ton of short passes to boost their comp%.  Both were highly overpaid by a guy who no longer works there ( i think tannenbaum still has a job, but its not signing players).  

1 minute ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

Gun to head right now I think it's between Christian Wilkins and Andre Dillard and I can't get a read on who's the favorite. I expect their first two choices(Oliver and Williams to be off the board) and I just can't see them taking Hockenson and he might be off the board anyway.

It all comes down to the QBs - if there's an early run that's awesome from a BPA perspective.  If there isn't a run, hopefully someone wants to jump Denver.  

4 minutes ago, BillsSbSoon said:

Oakland is blowing a lot of smoke with qb talk. Gruden likes veterans. Is he really going to trade for brown sign tyrell williams and then plug a rookie qb in? That doesnt sound like him at all. Carr is way overrated but hes going to get another year

You mean the Jon Gruden that had a different QB every single year in Tampa?

Just now, Chuck Wagon said:

You mean the Jon Gruden that had a different QB every single year in Tampa?

Plus it's nice to get the guy now so you can get him some time with the 1's before next year.  They were 4-12 last year and their defense was a dumpster fire.  Super bowl bound, they are not.

2 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Plus it's nice to get the guy now so you can get him some time with the 1's before next year.  They were 4-12 last year and their defense was a dumpster fire.  Super bowl bound, they are not.

He’s in complete rebuild mode which I believe is partly fueled by ego and partly for financial reasons. He and mayock have no connection to Carr and he’s not good enough that he needs to keep him like the coach in GB, for example 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

100000% agree. In the past, we never looked ahead, we went for Edmunds via last year because they knew this draft was thin at LB and he was a highly rated talent who was falling.

I do expect a TE in this draft I am thinking Jace is who we are looking at, he has time to groom and grow behind Kroft while we go after the talent on the lines in 1/2. I think WR is a consideration, but it is going to be weighted against the line talent. JMO

jace is possible, but my money is on irv smith jr.  pedigree/ reliable / dabol knows him well.  we got the blocker in fisher.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

jace is possible, but my money is on irv smith jr.  pedigree/ reliable / dabol knows him well.  we got the blocker in fisher.

Beane said he looks for all 3 traits catching, run blocking and pass blocking (not disagreeing - just adding) There is good depth in this class in rds2-4