Interesting draft tidbits that don't fit in any thread, may be smoke, may be true

1 hour ago, Logic said:

Regarding that YardsPerPass tweet about skill positions in next year's draft (which, by the way, is also supposed to be short on good o-line talent):

It sure seems like Beane is already planning for this. I know he has mentioned before that he looks at NEXT YEAR'S draft, too, when forming a plan for the offseason. I believe him. He is addressing o-line heavily this offseason both in free agency and, I expect, in the draft. He doesn't want to have to worry about that position group at all next year, because he knows there won't be much on the market in terms of either FA or rookies.

Meanwhile, while he DID sign WR help this year, he did so with generally short term deals that are easy to get out of after either this year or next year. This was not by accident, in my opinion. While I DO expect him to get some more offensive help in the draft, I ultimately expect him to "finish" the o-line and defense first and foremost. I then expect him to use the oodles of NEXT YEAR'S cap space and draft picks to even more heavily fortify the offense. O-line this year, WRs and RBs next year. We'll see if I'm right, but boy, you have to love the fact that Beane is such a prepared and meticulous thinker and planner.

I think you are right on point.  OL and DL with high picks and depth with BPA thereafter.  Need to keep J. Allen upright and improve run defense.

2 Iowa tight ends likely to go in 1st round of NFL draft

58915cca-d570-4db2-b1e0-72e26f78e43d-USAAR-180619889.jpg

Neither likely will go in the top half-dozen selections, which figure to be dominated by defensive players such as Nick Bosa of Ohio State, Quinnen Williams of Alabama, Josh Allen of Kentucky and Devin White of LSU. Both are expected to be gone in the top 20 or so.

T.J. Hockenson and Noah Fant of Iowa

this may come back to bite this kid, may not?

Drew Lock: I’d rather go No. 32 to the right team than No. 1 to a bad team

gettyimages-1088519036-2-e1556152117401.

Lock says he wants to go to the right team, and he thinks he might be better off developing with a good team that has a low pick than ending up on a bad team with a high pick. In fact, Lock told Don Banks of Patriots.com that he would love to be Tom Brady‘s understudy.

“I’d 100 percent rather go 32nd to the right team than No. 1 to a bad team,’’ Lock said. “If that happened [being drafted by the Patriots], I’d be honored for sure.

Tom’s obviously there for a couple more years, but to be able to sit behind a guy like that and learn from one of the best quarterbacks of all time — if not the best — I think that’s an ideal situation for any quarterback.’

Drew Lock:

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

1 hour ago, inaugural balls said:

Quite - logical :thumbsup:

One of the best reads on the eve of this draft. Fantastic, really!

It is very well put together! The board has been great here with the discussions, there have been disagreements, but not a whole lot of bs between people. I'm looking forward to all of our shock and awe when we aren't even close to what we do and get to break down the picks and what it means!

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This was a great idea Reed!! It really is a lot quicker for me than my constant twitter scrolling. Keep them coming!! ?

Sorry I slowed down, watched an episode of deadwood with the wife while eating dinner!

1 minute ago, Reed83HOF said:

It is very well put together! The board has been great here with the discussions, there have been disagreements, but not a whole lot of bs between people. I'm looking forward to all of our shock and awe when we aren't even close to what we do and get to break down the picks and what it means!

Agree.

Expect the unexpected. Gonna be fun to watch this unfold - league wide.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, gonzo1105 said:

While I think he is certainly a possibility, I mean it would almost be laughable after this entire off-season of Beane saying "I know you guys dont believe me but we're taking BPA at pick # 9" that he would reach for a position of need and take Christian Wilkins at 9.

Of course he can justify it by saying he was the best player available but he seems like a smart enough guy to realize that people would smell that BS from a mile away and literally no one would believe that he was the top guy left on the board.

Now after a small trade down to like 14 or 15 and take him then sure but at 9 eh.

What? He’s 7th on Daniel jeremiah’s Big board 

2 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

The Cardinals GM is just dumb enough to pick Murray.

Frankly, Johnny Manziel was a better college QB--and he played in the SEC, where they tackle the QB.   Heck, Dwayne Haskins had a better year.  He's the value pick at QB this year.

Murray will be a bust at #1.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Zerovoltz said:

Ugh.  If that Daniel Snyder thing is true, he’s going to screw me out my thought that the Redskins front office didn’t want one of these QB.  Snyder taking over means they all told him these QB were trash and he is going to override that.  

Hes been listening to the media and maybe Arizonas smoke screen is working.

33 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

this may come back to bite this kid, may not?

Drew Lock: I’d rather go No. 32 to the right team than No. 1 to a bad team

gettyimages-1088519036-2-e1556152117401.

Lock says he wants to go to the right team, and he thinks he might be better off developing with a good team that has a low pick than ending up on a bad team with a high pick. In fact, Lock told Don Banks of Patriots.com that he would love to be Tom Brady‘s understudy.

“I’d 100 percent rather go 32nd to the right team than No. 1 to a bad team,’’ Lock said. “If that happened [being drafted by the Patriots], I’d be honored for sure.

Tom’s obviously there for a couple more years, but to be able to sit behind a guy like that and learn from one of the best quarterbacks of all time — if not the best — I think that’s an ideal situation for any quarterback.’

Drew Lock:

I hate Lock now.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

The Cardinals GM is just dumb enough to pick Murray.

Frankly, Johnny Manziel was a better college QB--and he played in the SEC, where they tackle the QB.   Heck, Dwayne Haskins had a better year.  He's the value pick at QB this year.

Murray will be a bust at #1.

It's the HC & Owner - this is not the GMs choice IMO