Interesting draft tidbits that don't fit in any thread, may be smoke, may be true

https://mobile.twitter.com/joegoodberry/status/1120809020607143938?s=21

This guy apparently always gets the bengals pick.  He stated that jonah williams would be the pick but he doesn't see him lasting until 11.

Tweet didn't imbed but Dave Lapham has Andre Dillard going 11 to the Bengals.

He has gotten 5 of the last 7 picks right and the 2 he missed were off the board when the Bengals picked.  Seems like a lock.

Edited by section122

Very long Joe B article on our draft and I agree with almost all of it. It's a long read but very thorough and impressive

1 minute ago, LeGOATski said:

Harry makes too much sense for the Cardinals.

I almost chose him in our mock for round #2, but chose C/G Eric McCoy instead

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Regarding that YardsPerPass tweet about skill positions in next year's draft (which, by the way, is also supposed to be short on good o-line talent):

It sure seems like Beane is already planning for this. I know he has mentioned before that he looks at NEXT YEAR'S draft, too, when forming a plan for the offseason. I believe him. He is addressing o-line heavily this offseason both in free agency and, I expect, in the draft. He doesn't want to have to worry about that position group at all next year, because he knows there won't be much on the market in terms of either FA or rookies.

Meanwhile, while he DID sign WR help this year, he did so with generally short term deals that are easy to get out of after either this year or next year. This was not by accident, in my opinion. While I DO expect him to get some more offensive help in the draft, I ultimately expect him to "finish" the o-line and defense first and foremost. I then expect him to use the oodles of NEXT YEAR'S cap space and draft picks to even more heavily fortify the offense. O-line this year, WRs and RBs next year. We'll see if I'm right, but boy, you have to love the fact that Beane is such a prepared and meticulous thinker and planner.

• Like (+1) 6

6 minutes ago, Logic said:

Regarding that YardsPerPass tweet about skill positions in next year's draft (which, by the way, is also supposed to be short on good o-line talent):

It sure seems like Beane is already planning for this. I know he has mentioned before that he looks at NEXT YEAR'S draft, too, when forming a plan for the offseason. I believe him. He is addressing o-line heavily this offseason both in free agency and, I expect, in the draft. He doesn't want to have to worry about that position group at all next year, because he knows there won't be much on the market in terms of either FA or rookies.

Meanwhile, while he DID sign WR help this year, he did so with generally short term deals that are easy to get out of after either this year or next year. This was not by accident, in my opinion. While I DO expect him to get some more offensive help in the draft, I ultimately expect him to "finish" the o-line and defense first and foremost. I then expect him to use the oodles of NEXT YEAR'S cap space and draft picks to even more heavily fortify the offense. O-line this year, WRs and RBs next year. We'll see if I'm right, but boy, you have to love the fact that Beane is such a prepared and meticulous thinker and planner.

100000% agree. In the past, we never looked ahead, we went for Edmunds via last year because they knew this draft was thin at LB and he was a highly rated talent who was falling.

I do expect a TE in this draft I am thinking Jace is who we are looking at, he has time to groom and grow behind Kroft while we go after the talent on the lines in 1/2. I think WR is a consideration, but it is going to be weighted against the line talent. JMO

• Like (+1) 3

Buscaglia’s comment about trading up to 31 from 40 with the Rams and swapping third round picks was something I proposed here a few weeks back...

If they are looking to acquire Harry if he is still there then  I think it makes a lot of sense as I don’t think he gets past some WR hungry teams at the top of the 2nd..

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Logic said:

Quite - logical :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Reed83HOF said:

Very long Joe B article on our draft and I agree with almost all of it. It's a long read but very thorough and impressive

I almost chose him in our mock for round #2, but chose C/G Eric McCoy instead

One of the best reads on the eve of this draft. Fantastic, really!

35 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

The Christian Wilkins buzz is heating up.  Guess I need to watch a few games.

While I think he is certainly a possibility, I mean it would almost be laughable after this entire off-season of Beane saying "I know you guys dont believe me but we're taking BPA at pick # 9" that he would reach for a position of need and take Christian Wilkins at 9.

Of course he can justify it by saying he was the best player available but he seems like a smart enough guy to realize that people would smell that BS from a mile away and literally no one would believe that he was the top guy left on the board.

Now after a small trade down to like 14 or 15 and take him then sure but at 9 eh.

Ugh.  If that Daniel Snyder thing is true, he’s going to screw me out my thought that the Redskins front office didn’t want one of these QB.  Snyder taking over means they all told him these QB were trash and he is going to override that.  

• Haha (+1) 1