Marshawn Lynch: Wall Worthy?

Gugny

I liked Marshawn.  Thought he was a great RB.  Wish he’d have stayed here. But no, I don’t think he belongs on the Wall.

BTW, it took Ralph’s death for Cookie (and Lou Saban) to have their names on the Wall.  Wilson could really hold a grudge.

Cookie’s best year was his first - 1100 yards - but he was an impact player all 3 seasons.  we won a championship with him, another w/out him.  But he was most definitely an impact player.

OJ broke Jim Brown’s ‘63 1800 yards record in ‘73, with 2003 yards.  Got us a 9-5 record and a playoff birth.  Definitely an impact player.  (Unfortunately, also a murderous butcher and recidivist liar.)

All 3 of the above played a 14 game season, so Eric Dickerson’s record is irrelavent to this discussion, as is Marshawn’s 1100 yard rookie season, his 1000 yard sophomore season, and his 450 and 160 yards in his last two seasons here.

He was a great RB, I liked him, I wish he had stayed here, but he wore out his welcome with his off field behavior, whereas Fred Jackson was a model citizen.

Cookie was legendary in his running and his brute physicality.  OJ was simply poetry in motion. Marshawn was, well, Beast Mode.

All 3 were a pleasure to watch, and two that are already there belong on the Wall.

Edited by The Senator

1 minute ago, Dr.Sack said:

No way in hell but good argument. 

It's a good argument that people need to learn Bills history.

Gilchrist was a fullback who was named AFL MVP, lead the AFL in rushing two seasons, and played on an AFL championship team.

Lynch hit and run a Canadian woman and got traded for a sack of footballs. But he almost averaged 6 TDs a season while he was here.

So you know, same thing. Can't wait to see the Bills put the locker-room cancer's name up on the wall next to the murder/convicted felon's name.    

Marshawn Lynch has a better chance of making the Pro Football Hall of Fame than he does the Bills' Wall of Fame.

Here's a fun game: Name other Bills who are legitimately more worthy than Marshawn (but most still not worthy, and in no particular order):

Eric Moulds

Kyle Williams

Pat Williams

Brian Moorman

Jairus Byrd, no really

Honestly, Chris freaking Kelsay might be more worthy than Marshawn

Jerry Hughes

Fred Jackson

Eric Wood

Travis Henry

Lee Evans

Don Beebe

James Lofton

Biscuit

Steve Christie

Richie Incognito

Ruben Brown

Will Wolford

Probably 3-4 cornerbacks

Your Mom

Edited by skibum
  • Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Gugny said:

Okay, hear me out.

Marshawn Lynch played 3.25 years with the Bills.  He amassed 2765 rushing yards and had 17 TDs.  Averaged 64.1 yards/game.  Mind you ... he inexplicably had the ball taken away from him during his last full year there.

Cookie Gilchrest played 3 years with the Bills.  He amassed 3056 yards and had 31 TDs.  Averaged 74.1 yards/game.

I have always been a big Lynch fan and feel that he was rushed out of town for no good reason.  Had he stayed in Buffalo, he would have been one of the most prolific RBs in Bills history.

I think he's got a spot on the wall.

You lost me at:  "Okay, her me out."

Nothing worth reading comes after those words...

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, skibum said:

Marshawn Lynch has a better chance of making the Pro Football Hall of Fame than he does the Bills' Wall of Fame.

Here's a fun game: Name other Bills who are legitimately more worthy than Marshawn (but most still not worthy, and in no particular order):

Your Mom

My mom doesn't qualify for the Wall of Fame, or the Hall of Fame.  She's jealous that your mom has an entire room dedicated to her at the AVN Hall of Fame, though.  

P.S. - She deserves it.