Marshawn Lynch: Wall Worthy?

Gugny

1 hour ago, vorpma said:

Stop, if you did not sit in the Rockpile and watch Cookie play I cannot even respond to you anymore; do some research and talk to people who know!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cookie was feared by everyone. I’m old enough to have seen him play. He used his forearm to punish the defenses 

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Mister Defense said:

Clearly the OP is joking, being sarcastic, correct?

To put on the Bills wall the most inexplicably, unacceptably traded player in the history of the organization?  To remind the Bills faithful of how incompetent, even negligent, the franchise has been at times in the past?  A player that immediately then showed himself to not only be an all pro, but a  hall of famer, the day after he was cut loose.

(I remember after Lynch was traded of posting that it was the worst move I had ever seen the Bills make, and the backlash I got on the board when I said the Bills just cut loose their best player, and for almost nothing, and what may be the best back in the NFL.)

You don't put evidence of the worst move in the franchise history  (and one many on this board at the time felt was no big deal, a fine move) on your team's wall!

OP is clearly pulling our collective chains. We really need the draft to get here. 

Edited by SirAndrew

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Fact is ... Lynch put up great numbers as a BIll.  He was here longer than Cookie and he had a bigger impact.

I'll say one thing, you know your facts.

4.02 yards per carry in Buffalo. "Fact," "great numbers," oh, yeah. Running backs yearn to get up to 4.02 yards per carry. Yeah, that's right up there in the running back's dictionary under "great." Downright Jim Brown-esque.

And the idea that Lynch had a bigger impact than Cookie is outright laughable. His impact here was mostly having a cool nickname.

Edited by Thurman#1

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

Okay, hear me out.

Marshawn Lynch played 3.25 years with the Bills.  He amassed 2765 rushing yards and had 17 TDs.  Averaged 64.1 yards/game.  Mind you ... he inexplicably had the ball taken away from him during his last full year there.

Cookie Gilchrest played 3 years with the Bills.  He amassed 3056 yards and had 31 TDs.  Averaged 74.1 yards/game.

I have always been a big Lynch fan and feel that he was rushed out of town for no good reason.  Had he stayed in Buffalo, he would have been one of the most prolific RBs in Bills history.

I think he's got a spot on the wall.

You should extrapolate out his numbers over 8-10 years. (See Kyle Orton)

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Someomes not a fan of cookie being on the wall

Tell me who the hell Pat McGruder is and then we can talk about Wall of Fame selections. At least Lynch had some success here that would have been HOF worthy if we didn’t ship him out over some frivolous traffic incident. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Tell me who the hell Pat McGruder is and then we can talk about Wall of Fame selections. At least Lynch had some success here that would have been HOF worthy if we didn’t ship him out over some frivolous traffic incident. 

Ahem.  First Pat McGroder was instrumental working with Ralph to bring professional football to Buffalo, and keeping the team in Buffalo. He merits the Wall.  Second, if memory serves correct the frivolous accident caused injury to a young woman.  And that was in addition to the other off the field issues he had.  Third, he was not shipped out, he and his agent requested a trade after Spiller was drafted.

Other than that your analysis is spot on.

Marshawn's Wall worthiness is intriguing and well worth discussing but premature IMO.

Quite frankly I'd table Marshawn discussion until we rally around Kyle and get him up on the Wall where he belongs - and I do not mean #95. Although there's an outside chance #95 should be up there before Marshawn as well.

• Like (+1) 1