Marshawn Lynch: Wall Worthy?

Gugny

2 minutes ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

Cookie was a legend in his own time. A real bad-ass from the era in War Memorial, where the games were like a fight at a steelworker's convention and ocasionally a football game broke out.  Walking into the game with 2 six packs under you arm.   Memories....

I'm sorry.  But Cookie was a Bills legend like Kiko Alonso was a Bills legend.  He was here for three years.  No way in hell he should be on that wall.

I liked Marshawn.  Thought he was a great RB.  Wish he’d have stayed here. But no, I don’t think he belongs on the Wall.

BTW, it took Ralph’s death for Cookie (and Lou Saban) to have their names on the Wall.  Wilson could really hold a grudge.

30 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Okay, hear me out.

Marshawn Lynch played 3.25 years with the Bills.  He amassed 2765 rushing yards and had 17 TDs.  Averaged 64.1 yards/game.  Mind you ... he inexplicably had the ball taken away from him during his last full year there.

Cookie Gilchrest played 3 years with the Bills.  He amassed 3056 yards and had 31 TDs.  Averaged 74.1 yards/game.

I have always been a big Lynch fan and feel that he was rushed out of town for no good reason.  Had he stayed in Buffalo, he would have been one of the most prolific RBs in Bills history.

I think he's got a spot on the wall.

They got rid of him because he was one mistake away from the NFL giving him a major suspension and was nothing but trouble and you think they will save a spot on the wall for him?  NEVER

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Okay, hear me out.

Marshawn Lynch played 3.25 years with the Bills.  He amassed 2765 rushing yards and had 17 TDs.  Averaged 64.1 yards/game.  Mind you ... he inexplicably had the ball taken away from him during his last full year there.

Cookie Gilchrest played 3 years with the Bills.  He amassed 3056 yards and had 31 TDs.  Averaged 74.1 yards/game.

I have always been a big Lynch fan and feel that he was rushed out of town for no good reason.  Had he stayed in Buffalo, he would have been one of the most prolific RBs in Bills history.

I think he's got a spot on the wall.

24 minutes ago, Gugny said:

... I just think Lynch is, too.  And I do not think Ghilcrest is worthy.

12 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I'm sorry.  But Cookie was a Bills legend like Kiko Alonso was a Bills legend.  He was here for three years.  No way in hell he should be on that wall.

Gugs, are the last two posts contradicting the first somewhat?

Gilchrist amassed more yards and had almost twice as many TD's than Marshawn did in a 1/4 of a season's less time.  are you saying that 1/4 of a season shy of 3 is the cutoff point for wall inclusion? just not sure exactly what you're saying here with regard.

2 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Gugs, are the last two posts contradicting the first somewhat?

Gilchrist amassed more yards and had almost twice as many TD's than Marshawn did in a 1/4 of a season's less time.  are you saying that 1/4 of a season shy of 3 is the cutoff point for wall inclusion? just not sure exactly what you're saying here with regard.

Shorter seasons.  Plus, he (Lynch) was neutered by a stupid coaching staff.

Edited by Gugny

16 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Get in line. I'm trying to get Mark Kelso's helmet up there first. Priorities.

As far as im concerned, you win this thread. Take your ball and go home bc this sums the whole kit and caboodle up nicely.  Tie a bow on it, finito, fertig, fini, done-zo, befejezett, etc so on and so forth 

• Thank you (+1) 1