PFT Mock: It's Burns aAt #9

PFT’s 2019 mock draft

Posted by Mike Florio on April 24, 2019, 1:17 PM EDT

9. Bills: Brian Burns, EDGE, FSU.

Here’s a move that could be followed by a trade of Jerry Hughes and his $6.35 million salary to a team that fails to get a pass rusher it covets in round one.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/04/24/pfts-2019-mock-draft/

5 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Why are these people trying to trade away Hughes?  

We need a pass rusher opposite him, not replacing him.  Smh....

...agree ....cleaned up his dumb penalties....is a proven commodity and has upped his game.....FWIW, I'd say a nice two year extension is a win-win.....loathe this addition by subtraction crap and the "stat rats only" pundits..........

I am VERY leery of Burns.  If Bills played a 3-4 then, maybe, OK, but he has not shown that he can play at anything close to the size of a 4-3 DE.  If they want to play him at OLB, that might be OK, too.

For sure, I am not a qualified NFL talent evaluator, but to me he is a high risk pick.  I know that he weighed in at the combine at almost 250, but that is small by any standard for a 4-3 end, especially on a team that already has trouble stopping the run.  I question whether he could even maintain 250 lbs during a season, even if he can is that enough and how will his speed only rush hold up against NFL OTs who will overpower him?

• Like (+1) 2

36 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

This is now my mock too. I honestly think if they pick at #9 it's Burns. 

I'd be surprised because he isn't a prototype. Joe Marino from the locked on Bills podcast says he is the best pass rusher in the class. But his size doesn't seem to fit with what the Bills usually look for.