Who’s the ONE guy that you DON'T want in this draft?

ehfeuh57

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, MacGyver said:

Metcalf, he's a pretender.

This times 100.  No 'upside' guys at 10 please.  Especially at WR.   

2 hours ago, hjnick said:

Alright! I'll say it.. Oliver.

I think he's undersized and the only tape that I saw of him when he played *powerhouse* Texas Tech, he was pretty much neutralized by the middle of the 2nd quarter.

I haven't seen enough of him to really say, but something about him makes me nervous too.

Edited by KD in CA

1 hour ago, Circlethewagon8404 said:

I like Hock and I do feel that he will be our selection, but I just don't want a TE in the first round at all.  In the history of the NFL, how many eliteTEs has there been?  For those that play fantasy football each year, think about the TEs that you draft.  If you didn't get Gronk or Kelce over the past couple of years, you had to settle for any other TE because they're aren't many TEs that actually produce.  Finding an elite TE that can do it all is extremely rare.  To me, using a first round pick on a TE is just a waste unless the reward is worth the risk.

Couldn’t agree with this more. Hock would be my least favorite potential pick. Keep in mind, neither Kelce nor Gronk were taken in the first round. TE is historically a huge high risk/low reward endeavor in the first round. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Gary, too small for 3t and too big/slow for DE. Let someone else take him before us....

He’s probably my answer as well. Injury concerns mixed with so-so production. He just feels like a guy that doesn’t love football. 

3 minutes ago, Nester said:

Oliver, 

attitude 

Really?!? He has arguably the best motor in the draft. If you said Oliver because of his size or length, you’d get no debate. If we aren’t drafting Ed Oliver because he put on a winter coat...

26 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

Couldn’t agree with this more. Hock would be my least favorite potential pick. Keep in mind, neither Kelce nor Gronk were taken in the first round. TE is historically a huge high risk/low reward endeavor in the first round. 

Kelce was kicked off his team for a year for being a douchebag and Gronk had back surgery. They didn't end up being first round picks due to red flags, but that doesn't mean they didn't have first round film.

That being said there's merit to whether or not the value of selecting a TE early is worth it. Hockenson just looks to be a natural fit for this offense and it's needs. Both as a blocker and receiver, and because many evaluators think he can make an instant impact 

Edited by JM57

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

No pics?

Not tonight, unfortunately I’m on my phone right now, not good at getting pic links on it.

Still looking for a pic of Hock digging a booger out of his nose though, I know there has to be one out there. :)