Your final prediction: Who will the Bills draft in round 1

Logic

1 hour ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

Someone on this list - Bills 30 Pre-draft visits

Remember, Allen and Edmunds were both pre draft visits last year, so Buffalo's 1st round pick(s) are most probably one of the 30 mentioned here... 

Beane trades down, selects Sweat, then uses some of that haul to move back into the first to take Metcalf, Brown, or Harry.

Judging by the visits, they are definitely committed to upgrading the DL, WR, and RB positions as they have visited with quite a few 1st and 2nd round prospects at those positions.  I think they will take OL if they can get one at the right value but definitely won't reach after everything they did to address it in FA, and Taylor/Little are the only two OL with 1st/2nd round projections with whom they brought in for a visit.

Judging by the list* (which is incorrect as Brian Burns was a visit, Rumblings missed it), J. Williams, and Hockenson aren't on their radar.

Jonah Williams and Hockenson are both super clean prospects with sterling reputations as far as their work ethic and locker room attitude go. Its possible that the Bills felt they didn't need anything further on these guys since they're both carrying the "Yeah he's a plug and play guy and you don't have to worry about him at all" reputation.

In regards to Hockenson, his agent has kept ALL of his visits quiet, so we don't know for sure if he came on a top 30 visit or not. That being said it has been reported the Bills had a private workout for Iowa WR Nick Easley and TE Noah Fant -- what are the odds the Bills worked out two of their skill guys and not the third?

In regards to Williams, they do kind of have an inside source on him. Brian Daboll coached him at Alabama and probably knows everything the Bills need about him as a prospect. If he's as clean as they say, and your OC already knows him....do you even need the visit?

Edit: Just checked that Buffalo Rumblings list again and while there are 30 names listed, the two Penn State visits (Sanders and Oruwariye)  don't count as they're a "home market school" for the Bills. So they have 28 reported visits.... Hockenson and Williams could be 29 and 30 for all we know

Edited by JM57

9 minutes ago, JM57 said:

Edit: Just checked that Buffalo Rumblings list again and while there are 30 names listed, the two Penn State visits (Sanders and Oruwariye)  don't count as they're a "home market school" for the Bills. So they have 28 reported visits.... Hockenson and Williams could be 29 and 30 for all we know

We already know Burns has been in and he is missed off their list. So that leaves one spot. 

I honestly think at #9 it is down to four names:

1. Jawaan Taylor - everyone has presumed him going to Jax but if a 2nd Quarterback goes off the board before they pick and an Ed Oliver or Josh Allen were to fall to them I think that they could go another way. 

2. Montez Sweat - really depends on how the Bills feel about his medical. We know he is off three boards.

3. Brian Burns 

4. DK Metcalf 

Obviously if Q, Ed Oliver or Allen falls to them the Bills will run to the podium and take them. But if they don't and the Bills pick at #9 I think it is one of those four. 

My guess? Brian Burns. 

• Like (+1) 2

A lot of which way the Bills will go depends on whats happened in front of them and their are a lot of moving pieces there. Obvious I know, right? I think Oliver goes early, same with Q. Williams. If that happens I think if that happens and they are forced to stay at 9 it comes down to Sweat or Burns.  Would have said Gary if he wasn't flagged for the shoulder but that problem has proved problematic for quite a few EDGE guys in the past, Lawson and Dion Jordan come to mind.

I'll say Burns if they stick at 9.

If they are able to trade down from  9, I'll say they go with DK Metcalf.

If they are able to trade up, it's for Oliver.

25 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

We already know Burns has been in and he is missed off their list. So that leaves one spot. 

I honestly think at #9 it is down to four names:

1. Jawaan Taylor - everyone has presumed him going to Jax but if a 2nd Quarterback goes off the board before they pick and an Ed Oliver or Josh Allen were to fall to them I think that they could go another way. 

2. Montez Sweat - really depends on how the Bills feel about his medical. We know he is off three boards.

3. Brian Burns 

4. DK Metcalf 

Obviously if Q, Ed Oliver or Allen falls to them the Bills will run to the podium and take them. But if they don't and the Bills pick at #9 I think it is one of those four. 

My guess? Brian Burns. 

I must have missed the Burns scoop. I can't get on board with it but it's all good, I'm used to being disappointed with their first pick

10 minutes ago, JM57 said:

I must have missed the Burns scoop. I can't get on board with it but it's all good, I'm used to being disappointed with their first pick

Likewise. I also really don't want Metcalf at #9. If they trade back a bit I'd live with it but I just see too many red flags for #9. 

The only one of those 4 in my post above that I'd want at #9 is Sweat and that is obviously subject to them being okay with his medical. He is the only one of those 4 who is a top 10 player on my board. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Plug and play at which position?  I would not hate that pick, but would not be very excited about it, either.  Can he play OT in the NFL with his lack of power and shorter arms?  Can he even be a very good OG at 301lbs?  Likely can be an excellent C, but Bills just paid big $ for Morse.

I just think that's something they will worry about after.  He has flexibility IMO.  Like you, I would not be very excited about the pick, but I wouldn't hate it as I would understand why.  As for his weaknesses, I just think you plug him in and see if the prognosticators are right.

26 minutes ago, KennyDavisEyes said:

I have a source telling me

Taylor, Oliver, Wilkins, or Gary

Depending on who remains 

Take it for what it’s worth but source has been dead on the past few years

Why Gary when he really can't give you everything he's got because of the injury.  Taylor, Oliver at 9 and Wilkins in a trade into the teens I can see.  But if they take Gary at 9 I'm gonna be mad.  He really can't play to full potential right now.  It would be Shaq's rookie year all over again.

Final prediction:

Ed Oliver 

if if he’s not there- Christian Wilkins 

if trade down - DK metcalf

will use extra picks to trade back up into 1st for a CB (don’t hate me) and to give to Tampa for Gerald McCoy 

Edited by YoloinOhio

I want an offensive lineman, but not Dillard. The PAC 12 is weak at the OL and DL positions. My fear is that he will crumble when going up against pros, like the guy who had the problems with Incog. The Bills could probably trade down (hopefully into 2020) and find a high quality blocker late in round 1.

That said, I doubt if they go in this direction, although it makes 100% sense to get better protection for Allen, who might be the face of this franchise for a decade or more. Yeah, I am thinking they will grab the 3rd, 4th, or even 5th DL selected.

And laugh if you will, but Greedy Williams (probably after a trade down) would not shock me. Not one bit.

They only player I would consider trading up for is Josh Allen.

Make a trade with Oakland trade:

Buffalo receives 4, 106, 140

Oakland receives 9, 40, 74

Substitute 74 for 112 and it is a parity trade under the Jimmy Johnson value chart. 

If Buffalo trade down, McDermott will draft Wilkins and Beane will draft Metcalf, both in round 1.

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Likewise. I also really don't want Metcalf at #9. If they trade back a bit I'd live with it but I just see too many red flags for #9. 

The only one of those 4 in my post above that I'd want at #9 is Sweat and that is obviously subject to them being okay with his medical. He is the only one of those 4 who is a top 10 player on my board. 

Right on, I think aside from Hockenson we are in a similar boat at 9. Elsewhere I ranked my top 12 players excluding the QBs, this isn't necessarily in order, and came up with:

Bosa
Q Williams
Allen
Oliver
White

Hockenson
J Williams
Taylor
Simmons pre injury (obviously moved down now)
Sweat

Wilkins

Bush

I assume the first 5 will definitely be off the board at 9, but would love Oliver (more than Hock).  The next 5; well 4 because of Simmons, I would be fine with at #9. Anything after that and I would rather see in a trade down scenario. Similar to you I'm not super excited about Metcalf, but could handle it if they traded down to say, #15 with Washington and then rolled the dice.

Edited by JM57

15 hours ago, Logic said:

I've waited until the day before the draft so that we could all gather as much intel as possible. 

You can answer simply or you can go into detail.

You can list two guys if you think they're going to be making two picks in the 1st round.

When it's all said and done, who do YOU think will be the Bills' first round pick?

I'll start: Christian Wilkins, DT, Clemson. I think he's 100% the type of guy the Bills want to build around. You won't find a better "Process"/locker room/culture fit anywhere in the draft. Also, the perception of Wilkins suffers because of the presence of guys like Oliver and Williams in this draft, but he's a baller. He may not have the explosiveness of Oliver (few do), but he's a supremely physically talented player in his own right. He is also extremely versatile and lined up everywhere along the d-line at Clemson. Between who Wilkins is as a person, who he is as a player, and where he is likely to be selected in the draft, I think he's the most likely round 1 pick for the Bills. I believe they'll trade down with either Carolina or Houston and wind up selecting Wilkins.

Who's yours? Let's hear 'em!

You should turn this into a poll to see if the consensus is correct.