Your final prediction: Who will the Bills draft in round 1

Logic

30 minutes ago, Logic said:

I'll start: Christian Wilkins, DT, Clemson. I think he's 100% the type of guy the Bills want to build around. 

I'm worried about the age thing.  I mean this is a top 10 pick, assuming no trade-down.  I don't know if that's worth it for a guy who will be 24 by the end of this year. 

If I have to pick 1, I'd say Oliver.  But either of the top 2 OT's would be fine, and I've warmed up to Hock so I'd be ok with this too

23 minutes ago, Da webster guy said:

I think Oliver drops and Hock is there too at 9.

Oliver has to be higher on the board, but we need both positions and both guys should be fine pro's.

I say Hock.

I agree. If both are there you have to take Oliver but Hock would be an amazing runner up pick. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, rayray808 said:

I think Oliver, Jonah, Q-Williams, and Hock will all be gone... so we end up with DK Metcalf

If any of those guyrs remain however, they will take one of them

Assuming a QB also goes in the top 8, and Bosa and Allen are also gone, that would leave at least two of Devin White, Jawaan Taylor, and TJ Hockenson available.  Picking DK over these guys would be pretty remarkable

3 minutes ago, coloradobillsfan said:

I'm worried about the age thing.  I mean this is a top 10 pick, assuming no trade-down.  I don't know if that's worth it for a guy who will be 24 by the end of this year. 

If I have to pick 1, I'd say Oliver.  But either of the top 2 OT's would be fine, and I've warmed up to Hock so I'd be ok with this too

I hear ya.

Kyle Williams, who plays the same position, played until he was 35, right? Warren Sapp, same thing. 35.

If Wilkins plays until he's 35, it means the Bills could have him for a decade.

A decade of outstanding 3T play seems worth a 1st round pick.

But I hear ya.

9 minutes ago, Logic said:

I feel the same regarding these two. Would fully understand picking Jonah and would understand why its a sensible move. But I would much rather draft Hock. Maybe its because I think Hock has a better chance to be SPECIAL than Williams. Or maybe I'm just a shallow SOB.

giphy.gif

• Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

I hear ya.

Kyle Williams, who plays the same position, played until he was 35, right? Warren Sapp, same thing. 35.

But I hear ya.

Trade down, use the loot to help pick up an elite OT or EDGE and my worries go right out the window

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Logic said:

I hear ya.

But I hear ya.

I don't think Oliver is making it to 9 after all the hype this week, but the age should matter a bit especially around a top 10 pick. 

Oliver was born 12/12/97. Wilkins 12/20/95. Now assume they both play to 35 and you get 12 seasons out of one and 10 out of the other....all extra value on the pick in the long term

1 minute ago, coloradobillsfan said:

Trade down, use the loot to help pick up an elite OT or EDGE and my worries go right out the window

I expect if Wilkins is the pick that it will come after a trade down to either 16 (Carolina) or 23 (Houston). 

This year feels like 2017 to me. And like when we picked Tre'Davious White, the pick won't be sexy at the time, but will reveal itself to have been a wise decision and to have yielded a high quality player. Also like 2017, the added draft capital will take some of the sting out a less-than-exciting selection.

• Like (+1) 2

The way YE OLE hears it... McBeane really likes this Oliver fellow, but the pundits really ebb and flow on whether this chap is going to make it to 9.

In the event he doesn’t last until our pick... what do we think the odds are that TRADER BEANE could execute a dazzling array of trades down and up that could net both DK and a TE like Noah Fant?

• Like (+1) 1