Bandit's Annual Mock

30 minutes ago, Mountain Man said:

Dexter Lawrence? No thanks. 

That's terrible value in a trade and its doubled down by reaching significantly

Dexter Lawrence is a HIGHLY under rated player

And keep in mind that two teams have to make a trade......sometimes the value does not always add up on a chart.   Metcalf at that spot would be VERY diable........

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Reader said:

New England trading up, that's bold. I'm so used to them trading down.

The Patriots have made something like 55-60 trades in the draft since BB got there. It is almost 1/3, 1/3, 1/3 trading up, trading back and trading for a player. People always think of them just trading down but they actually are all over when it comes to the moves that they make.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The Patriots have made something like 55-60 trades in the draft since BB got there. It is almost 1/3, 1/3, 1/3 trading up, trading back and trading for a player. People always think of them just trading down but they actually are all over when it comes to the moves that they make.

I guess I fell for that narrative. That's good to know.

Nice work as usual. 

Just nit picking but I would only throw in a 4th or a 5th back to Texans, 74 seems a little steep. I understand the charts but The buyer has to pay a premium for me to slide that much. As mentioned I think Gary slides a little more. 

I enjoy your mocks and I appreciate the research and hard work you put into them.

That said, with regard to the Bills, if you're right, I may never speak to you again.  ?

Not only do I NOT want the Bills to trade down; I certainly do NOT want them to end up with someone who's a first round projection simply because he can run a really fast straight line.  If they go WR, it has to be better than Metcalf.

If Josh Allen 2.0 really falls that far, I expect Beane to work his wizardry to go get him.  That's my hope.

Thanks again, Bandito!!

Edited by Gugny
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MJS said:

Interesting. I'm not sure if Metcalf will slide that far, although I do think he might still be there in the teens. I also wonder if he will be the first WR taken or not.

I highly doubt the Bills trade back into the first. The cost would be very great. I could see them trading up into the top of the 2nd, though.

Joe B has him dropping to the second round. ...inside the 20 yard cones,he's stiff.

His words..not mine.

4 minutes ago, qwksilver said:

Nice work as usual. 

Just nit picking but I would only throw in a 4th or a 5th back to Texans, 74 seems a little steep. I understand the charts but The buyer has to pay a premium for me to slide that much. As mentioned I think Gary slides a little more. 

If I had to guess, Bandit was trying to avoid looking like a homer with his valuation. If I'm crafting that trade it probably looks more like 9, 112, & 154 for 23, 54, &55. That would put them at a 5% premium, which is pretty standard for the back end of the top 10.

• Like (+1) 1

Great post, Bandit.

My favorite part of this mock is that Miami ends up with a sure failure in Gary.

My take on the Buffalo picks: meh.

Bummed that Oliver goes before us (which I think will also happen IRL), and not too excited about the Lawrence pick. I'd like Metcalf/Sweat or even Metcalf/Fant better. JMO.

Edited by DrDawkinstein

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

Great post, Bandit.

My favorite part of this mock is that Miami ends up with a sure failure in Gary.

My take on the Buffalo picks: meh.

Bummed that Oliver goes before us (which I think will also happen IRL), and not too excited about the Wilkins pick. I'd like Metcalf/Sweat or even Metcalf/Fant better. JMO.

Lawrence not Wilkins.

Good effort! However, if the first eight pics go the way you say and Sweat is on the board, I think the bills take him. His upside may be as good as any of the other pass rushers in the draft. From everything I’m reading his heart condition is seen as a non-issue.  I don’t believe he will fall as far is you say he will. And I would be just fine with this pick. His upside may be as good as any of the other pass rushers in the draft. From everything I’m reading his heart condition is seen as a non-issue. And I would be just fine with this pick.