Who’s the ONE guy that you want in this draft?

McBean

14 hours ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

Really?   You don't understand that a nose tackle NEVER gets good stats because they are used to tying up 2 offensive linemen and in keeping the LBers clean.

Not in college.  I remember Dareus playing some NT in Alabama and was tossing guys to the side.  He was blowing up plays and taking the ball into the endzone.  If you are that dominant to be that high of a pick, you should be dominating even at NT.

3 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

Not in college.  I remember Dareus playing some NT in Alabama and was tossing guys to the side.  He was blowing up plays and taking the ball into the endzone.  If you are that dominant to be that high of a pick, you should be dominating even at NT.

What stat is “throwing guys to the side” and “blowing up plays” - and are you sure Oliver didn’t do those things?

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

What stat is “throwing guys to the side” and “blowing up plays” - and are you sure Oliver didn’t do those things?

Notice that the ILB behind him is ranked (22) as an ILB.  The nose tackle ties up two guys and keeps the LB "clean" to make tackles.  He did his job.

• Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Not enough IMO.  He was swallowed up at too high of a rate, especially against some of the competition he played.

On 4/24/2019 at 10:47 AM, SCBills said:

Hockenson.

There's plenty of elite defensive prospects to be excited with in this Draft, but I'd feel very good about our Receivers going into the season if we rolled out Hock/Kroft as TE1/TE2 to go with Foster, Brown, Beasley and Zay.

Ditto

Every draft I want the best TE available ( never happens) 

Allen needs a good security blanket.

Hockenson fits the Bill...

On 4/24/2019 at 7:42 AM, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

if it was down to one, Quinnen Williams.

Yessss please! ...wait I have to turn off my alarm clock!

Here is what I think will happen. Beane will trade up or trade down. He is restless and impulsive and he can't seem to help himself. He thinks he's being creative, but actually it's impatience.

My hope for the draft at the top end is drafting the OL and DL in either order. Jonah Williams or Jawaan Taylor on offense. You can't overestimate the value of the offensive line. It makes average QB's and RB's good, and makes good ones great.

The problem with the Bills is that they have needs on both sides of the ball. The DL definitely needs help. There are four or five top guys who could help the Bills immediately. I would prefer an interior lineman (i.e. Williams, Oliver) If the Bills trade down a little they still might get Christian Wilkins and pick up another pick.

I'm reluctant to draft a TE at #9, but there is strong need there to be sure.

I hope big men are at the top of the board. My fear is they draft a WR like DK Metcalf who looks better on paper than reality.

• Like (+1) 1