Who’s the ONE guy that you want in this draft?

McBean

2 hours ago, Ittakestime said:

One big exception is that Zion was player of the year and Oliver barley put up stats.

Crazy to me why people ignore the production and the question marks with Oliver just because he ran one combine drill extremely quick.

We all know the system wasnt a match for his skill set. Hence it doesnt show up on paper....somewhat. For the record I was all in on this guy before his pro day. We'll see.

2 hours ago, TOboy said:

As for Risner, I saw a piece on him last night, was either Path to the Draft or All Access. Wow, what a great human being. Definitely somebody the community would embrace.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/0ap3000001027576/NFL-360-Dalton-Risner-s-incredible-relationship-with-family

This is the piece you are referring to re: Risner. What an emotionally mature and kind-hearted human being, especially at 23. I would welcome him in a hot minute on the Bills - and if he doesnt, he still has a fan in me forever.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm all in on Hock.  

It would be a very un-Billsy pick, but if he's anywhere near 90% of Gronk I want him on this team, some way, some how.

That said, I expect Oliver to be the pick after he slides down a bit...  

4 hours ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

It was more than that.  He is fast and a disrupter, but was used as a nose tackle in college.  Houston was 8-5 and Oliver played the "0" technique lined up on the center.  So he got blocked immediatley and double teamed a lot.  He got little help. No DT or DE from Houston is listed in the top 30 (walter football) and the ILB Emoke Egbole, who played behind him, came in at #22. (round 5-7?). 

I think this whole nose tackle crap is just an excuse.  If the guy is this dominant, he should be putting up stats from either NT or DT.

What I noticed when I watched a decent amount of games from him: entitled, over-penetrates, gives up very easily if immediately doesn't succeed, and got swallowed up too easily.

There is a reason why he was asked to work out as a LB at the combine.  The Aaron Donald comparisons are stemming from one measurement, not from his college tape.

If I had to choose 1 player it would be Q Williams because he's the best player in the draft. I don't think we'll have any chance to get him, though. As far as my best hope for this draft as a whole, I want us to draft 2 guys that will be our 2 best players. I'm thinking someone like Dexter Lawrence could fall to us and that he's very underrated. Then somehow get a guy like Fant or AJ Brown that turns out to be much better than advertized and a total game changer. Add a couple more pleasant surprises and we're good to go.

44 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

I think this whole nose tackle crap is just an excuse.  If the guy is this dominant, he should be putting up stats from either NT or DT.

What I noticed when I watched a decent amount of games from him: entitled, over-penetrates, gives up very easily if immediately doesn't succeed, and got swallowed up too easily.

There is a reason why he was asked to work out as a LB at the combine.  The Aaron Donald comparisons are stemming from one measurement, not from his college tape.

Really?   You don't understand that a nose tackle NEVER gets good stats because they are used to tying up 2 offensive linemen and in keeping the LBers clean.

4 hours ago, TC in St. Louis said:

I think there will be a near-panicky burst of quarterbacks in the top 10.  Think about it.  If you had the chance to get your guy at QB for the next decade, you'll move up to get him.  Just like we did.  

And when that happens, a major name will fall into our lap.  I don't know which one, but we're getting a stud.  Ed Oliver would be great.  

Keeping my fingers crossed that QB's go flying off the board

Left field choice is Garrett Bradbury.

Senior, Captain, great 3 cone and 40 yard dash at the combine.

Can play RG next to Mitch Morse as a rookie.

I think he will be a consummate professional, wonder whether the front office are still evaluating round 1 Center's after drafting Morse.

9 hours ago, NewEra said:

This.  Quinnen at 9, if he’s gone, Bosa at 9.  If he’s gone Josh allen at 9.  If he’s gone Oliver at 9.  If he’s gone Devin White at 9.  I see 5 elite players.  Those are the guys I want

Unfortunately all those guys are probably gone in the top 6...