Who’s the ONE guy that you want in this draft?

McBean

2 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

One big exception is that Zion was player of the year and Oliver barley put up stats.

Crazy to me why people ignore the production and the question marks with Oliver just because he ran one combine drill extremely quick.

For the life of me I cannot see why everyone is so gaga about Oliver.

If he falls to us at 9 and the braintrust thinks he's the guy, then fine. I'm not a pro scout for a reason. 

But there are people on here talking about trading up for him and I'm just...

giphy.gif

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

One big exception is that Zion was player of the year and Oliver barley put up stats.

Crazy to me why people ignore the production and the question marks with Oliver just because he ran one combine drill extremely quick.

It was more than that.  He is fast and a disrupter, but was used as a nose tackle in college.  Houston was 8-5 and Oliver played the "0" technique lined up on the center.  So he got blocked immediatley and double teamed a lot.  He got little help. No DT or DE from Houston is listed in the top 30 (walter football) and the ILB Emoke Egbole, who played behind him, came in at #22. (round 5-7?). 

1 hour ago, McBean said:

Asked this last year, I’ll ask again.

For me it’s Dalton Risner. I could go on and on but the kid is a beast and a leader.

Risner would solidify this offensive line and be here for a very long time.

Who’s your one player?

Quinnen is my guy, but I'd be thrilled if Oliver fell to us.

As for Risner, I saw a piece on him last night, was either Path to the Draft or All Access. Wow, what a great human being. Definitely somebody the community would embrace.

1 hour ago, McBean said:

Asked this last year, I’ll ask again.

For me it’s Dalton Risner. I could go on and on but the kid is a beast and a leader.

Risner would solidify this offensive line and be here for a very long time.

Who’s your one player?

If we trade up: Bosa/Allen/LSU LB (I think he would be a perfect fit for the bills)

Stay were we are: Hock

Trade back to mid teens: Hock / OT

Let me preface this that I am a Kansas State fan. (obviously I want Risner to be a Bill)

In the late rounds or Free Agent, I want RB Alex Barnes from KSU.  This guy is a monster and loves to run people over. He can also catch out of the backfield.  Will be a steal. 

I feel like a lot of the buzz for Hock is being generated by recency bias: we all want a Gronk, now that he has retired. We all want to beat the Pats, and so we think that we can just find a Gronk and we will win...

Don't be fooled by recency bias; look at all the posts and comments that have been made about hit rates of 1st round TE's, and look at the NFL landscape, littered with 3rd through 6th round all-pro TE's.

I'm not saying Hock won't be good. I'm saying that history shows that many great TE's have been found in the mid-to-later rounds. 

My pick: Ed Oliver. How do you beat Tom Brady? Pressure up the gut. And people will grill.me because "Tom Brady is retiring soon." I dont want him to retire... I want Tom Brady eating a fresh plate of turf 4-6 times a season, due to the handiwork of one Ed Oliver. I want whiny boy Patsie to be afraid of our D line, and Oliver is the kind of beast to make that happen. 

My vote is cast.

Edited by ROCBillsBeliever

1 hour ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Q. Williams

I would love it. What about Jeffery Simmons? Who really knows how he will heal. If we were secure at DT this year, would he be worth the risk?

Edited by Rocket94

49 minutes ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

It was more than that.  He is fast and a disrupter, but was used as a nose tackle in college.  Houston was 8-5 and Oliver played the "0" technique lined up on the center.  So he got blocked immediatley and double teamed a lot.  He got little help. No DT or DE from Houston is listed in the top 30 (walter football) and the ILB Emoke Egbole, who played behind him, came in at #22. (round 5-7?). 

Thank you. This needed to be said after a couple posters actually seem to believe that Oliver is so highly rated because he ran a fast cone drill. The notion is a bit silly on the face of it.  There is a reason why he is so universally highly rated and most likely will not fall to the ninth pick and it’s not how he ran his cone drill! 

I think there will be a near-panicky burst of quarterbacks in the top 10.  Think about it.  If you had the chance to get your guy at QB for the next decade, you'll move up to get him.  Just like we did.  

And when that happens, a major name will fall into our lap.  I don't know which one, but we're getting a stud.  Ed Oliver would be great.  

• Like (+1) 3