Marshawn Lynch retiring

4 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

I never understand the need to kind of mock someone like this.

The dude's personality was a bit strange, but he was one bad Pete Carroll decision from handing the Pats* another SB loss. Feed him the ball there and it's game over. You can't say that about a lot of backs.

Smoke 'em if you got 'em, Marshawn.

I generally agree but he did screw over the Bills.  He got suspended and was still doing stuff while suspended that weren’t exactly legal.  So if forced the Bills to traded up for not great value.

that said, he did seem to grow up a bit and had a great career.  I heard he also saved a ton of money so good on him.

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

I will forever remember him of the tales of how he would go into bars with his own booz.....and bye coke to poor it into to save money

He says it was because some bars didn’t have Hennessy. 

I liked Marshawn.  He embraced Buffalo, and was a fine RB.

Yeah, his off-field incidents were embarrassing, but he never butchered two innocent people.

For a while, he lived across from my friend in Briarwood, brought his momma and kid brother out here to live with him, and never caused any problems.  (Unlike Travis Henry, who lived just down the street.)

I remember that TD in Seattle that caused the fans to cheer and stomp so loudly, it registered on the Richter scale.

Colorful guy.  Quite the character. Wish we had kept him.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

I never understand the need to kind of mock someone like this.

The dude's personality was a bit strange, but he was one bad Pete Carroll decision from handing the Pats* another SB loss. Feed him the ball there and it's game over. You can't say that about a lot of backs.

Smoke 'em if you got 'em, Marshawn.

I totally agree.   Beast Mode was the third best RB to ever wear the Bills uniform behind only OJ Simpson and Thurman Thomas, and he proved it in Seattle.   That he didn't play longer for the Bills is totally the fault of Wilson, Brandon, and their assorted minions on the second floor of OBD who been much more interested in making more profit than in winning football games.

My guess is that the jackasses who are dissing Marshawn don't like to be reminded -- once again -- of all the players the Bills have had and kicked to the curb since 2000 -- Antoine Winfield, Pat Williams, Ruben Brown, Jason Peters, Marshawn Lynch, and Stephon Gilmore are among the most notable but certainly not the only ones  -- to be replaced by significantly less talented players at best or, too frequently, scrubs that didn't belong on an NFL roster.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

he has shown from what I've read to be very conservative with his dough. maybe he just wants to add more to the pot? no pun intended

He might simply love the game. There was that game against the Chiefs in Oakland where he got ejected and then went into the stands and watched the game with the fans.

• Like (+1) 1

Lynch has been my favorite player in the NFL since he came into the league. I would love to chill with him and talk about experiences. 

I am far less fond of Gronk, but both those dudes are way smarter than they've been portrayed over the years. I've made money but have little to show for it. Those cats did it right.

Can someone please link the Lynch-Gronk video game. That was entertaining?!?!

Edited by BUFFALOKIE

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

That was fast. Ran out of skittles already? 

That would indicate that he didn't want to retire per se, but saw the writing on the wall. Now he's in a position to sit back and see if the Raiders come calling. 

As someone else said, he LOVES the game of football. Whatever you think of him as a person, nobody lays it on the line like BeastMode.