Aaron Maybin named/paid by FBI witness while at Penn St

papazoid

Though Blazer did not provide names, he did offer specifics regarding a couple of instances. For example, he testified that -- back in 2009 -- he paid $10,000 to the father of a Penn State player who was the 11th overall pick in that year's

The timeline matches with that of former Penn State linebacker Aaron Maybin, who was drafted that year by the Buffalo Bills with the 11th pick in the 2009 NFL Draft. Blazer said the prospect's father did pay him back the $10,000 after he turned pro. 

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/fbi-witness-testifies-he-paid-college-football-players-at-major-programs-from-2000-to-2014/

3 hours ago, papazoid said:

Though Blazer did not provide names, he did offer specifics regarding a couple of instances. For example, he testified that -- back in 2009 -- he paid $10,000 to the father of a Penn State player who was the 11th overall pick in that year's

The timeline matches with that of former Penn State linebacker Aaron Maybin, who was drafted that year by the Buffalo Bills with the 11th pick in the 2009 NFL Draft. Blazer said the prospect's father did pay him back the $10,000 after he turned pro. 

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/fbi-witness-testifies-he-paid-college-football-players-at-major-programs-from-2000-to-2014/

The father should of paid the Bills back too!!!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Say what you want about his as a football player, but he is actually doing things to better his community and educate intercity youth. I hated him as a football player, but he has proven to be a good man.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

Say what you want about his as a football player, but he is actually doing things to better his community and educate intercity youth. I hated him as a football player, but he has proven to be a good man.

I always hated the stupidity of the Bills FO more than Maybin himself.

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

Has anyone seen his art work?  The dude can draw & paint too.  Much better artist than professional football player.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/aaron-maybins-artwork-even-more-popular-after-hard-knocks/

Edited by Azucho98

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

That killer first step though....

He was juiced on the roids and shrunk after getting drafted. He had no speed to power as a rusher. The same thing worries me about Brian Burns in this draft.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, papazoid said:

...OBD should be so lucky..............

53 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

Ok... 

1 hour ago, uticaclub said:

he screwed the Bills over totally

it's mostly the Bills fault for failing to find within 30 seconds of an interview of him he had 0% composure or desire to play in the NFL.

29 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

If you pull up the thread of us drafting him, i proudly have the first response of ****

:lol:

I remember having a few choice words myself.

Looking back, those were really bad days to be a Bills fan. Russ freaking Brandon was our GM!

1 hour ago, turftoe said:

He was juiced on the roids and shrunk after getting drafted. He had no speed to power as a rusher. The same thing worries me about Brian Burns in this draft.

I was kidding.  There were MANY here who took offense at any suggestion that Maybin's "first step" was anything but otherworldly.

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

One of the All-Time worst Bills picks, for sure....

I’m was in my all time homer phase and I was at a draft party.  Everyone was just like WTF and I dropped he had a great first step ?.  

Either way, he made a bunch of money in football and seems to be a good guy.  Good for him, bad for us.

• Like (+1) 1