Red Star Players

3 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Gronk was definitely a Red Star Player.

Gronk was a first round talent with medical red flags that dragged his stock down. Everyone thought he would outperform his draft position *if* he was able to return to health from the back surgery he had at Arizona.

Blake Cashman - LB (He's a bigger Matt Milano imo who can play inside or outside in a 4-3)

Max Scharping - OT (He has 4th round tackle David Bakhtiari written all over him. Great size and good length with a nasty streak)

Jaylon Ferguson - DE (Probably a second rounder, I think he might wind up the best edge player in the draft down the line)

David Sills - (Smart player, former quarterback, good size and speed...Patriots esque receiver)

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, JM57 said:

Gronk was a first round talent with medical red flags that dragged his stock down. Everyone thought he would outperform his draft position *if* he was able to return to health from the back surgery he had at Arizona.

Red Star means he outperformed his draft slot.  Regardless of who knew.

Not sure if you realize this.

Jerry Tillery

Anthony Johnson (ok, probably homer here, but suspect he'll be something special)

Dalton Risner

Drew Sample

Tytus Howard

Chauncey Gardner-Johnson (but that's probably more influenced by wanting to hear a lot of Being There/Chance The Gardner references)

Judging by what Robert Foster did last year and Daboll's familiarity with Alabama players I wonder if there will be any red star players coming from that school drafted by the Bills.

If it weren't for the huge influx of OL in FA Ross Pierbacher might be a possibility. Another might be Christian Miller.

Back at senior bowl DeMarkus Lodge was thought of as second round but hes dropped out of the top 4 rounds in most mocks now. I think that based on his college career hes very likely to be a red star.

The safeties in round 2 are deep. some of those will be underdrafted and turn out to be great value.

Bobby Evans three year starter at OT for Oklahoma? Hes getting less hype than Tytus Howard. He'd be a bargain in the 3rd.

Edited by Seoulofstone

8 hours ago, Turk71 said:

I expect these guys to go in rounds 4 through 7 and outperform their draft position.

RB Justice Hill  OT William Sweet  WR Anthony Johnson   QB Brett Rypien  

WR Gary Jennings Jr  WR Dillon Mitchell

EDGE Jaylon Ferguson  G Ben Powers 

CB Iman Marshall  TE Caleb Wilson 

DI Armon Watts  CB Tim Harris

LB Ben Burr-Kirvin EDGE Oshane Ximines

RB David Montgomery TE Josh Oliver

OT Yodney Cajuste RB Bryce Love

Someone is going to get a steal here. Hopefully it's us

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

JJ Arcega Whiteside

Dillon Mitchell

Chase Winovich

Chauncey Gardner-Johnson

David Montgomery

Justice Hill

Devin Bush (I think he will be better than Devin White)

good list. I forgot to list Winovich, the guy is incredibly athletic for his size and goes all out.

33 minutes ago, ProcessAccepted said:

Someone is going to get a steal here. Hopefully it's us

wonder if he makes it to the 4th, if so the Bills should snag him. He was incredible the year before last when he was healthy, would be psyched if they got him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Red Star means he outperformed his draft slot.  Regardless of who knew.

Not sure if you realize this.

He was a first round prospect with medical red flags. How does one outperform a first round stock?

2 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Jaylon Ferguson - DE (Probably a second rounder, I think he might wind up the best edge player in the draft down the line)

I have a 1st on him and if the Bills were to trade back into the late teens I would be 100% on board with selecting Jaylon Ferguson.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Jazz Ferguson 

I think Jazz Ferguson is likely to get overlooked because there have been a fair amount of big, useless, stiff WR's in the past decade but he's getting short changed if so,  he's a guy who would have gotten 3rd round looks not that long ago.

I gotta' throw Jalen Hurd into the mix.    Seen him anywhere from top 100 to UDFA with draftniks so generally not as much of a sleeper as Ferguson.

He's more likely to end up kicking around like Braxton Miller(another conversion type) than he is to become a star but he's one of many talented athletes available at WR and a guy who can run the ball as a big back from the backfield so he is a potential space saver for an NFL roster.    I like his RAC ability..........he can catch a ball with his back to the defense and shed a block then turn into a RB.    He's got some matchup potential as a legit run threat that can start in the backfield then go into the slot and run a zone beating TE route and turn it into a 15-20 yard gain with RAC.

• Like (+1) 1