Red Star Players

The draft is finally almost here... there has been lots of talk about who the Bills should take at 9 and who the blue chip prospects are

Another term you may possibly hear on draft day by pundits is a red star player...

In the scouting community a red star player is a player who a scout believes will outperform his draft status, and then will usually pound the table for them

Being able to key on players who can outperform their draft value is always critical... Matt Milano and Nigel Bradham were guys I keyed on as redstar players

Who are some of your red star players ?

Greg Little - Offensive Tackle - Ole Miss

Andy Isabella - WR- UMASS

• Like (+1) 2

LJ Scott RB

Jacai Polite DE

Jaques Patrick RB

Just now, MJS said:

N'Keal Harry - WR, if he goes in the 2nd round. I think he'll be one of those guys that gets taken in the 1st in those dumb "draft do-over's".

And this. 

Best receiving talent in the draft. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, MJS said:

N'Keal Harry - WR, if he goes in the 2nd round. I think he'll be one of those guys that gets taken in the 1st in those dumb "draft do-over's".

He is definitely one of those guys 

i just didnt want 2 second round picks as my red stars... even Isabella might end there 

I expect these guys to go in rounds 4 through 7 and outperform their draft position.

RB Justice Hill  OT William Sweet  WR Anthony Johnson   QB Brett Rypien  

WR Gary Jennings Jr  WR Dillon Mitchell

EDGE Jaylon Ferguson  G Ben Powers 

CB Iman Marshall  TE Caleb Wilson 

DI Armon Watts  CB Tim Harris

LB Ben Burr-Kirvin EDGE Oshane Ximines

RB David Montgomery TE Josh Oliver

OT Yodney Cajuste RB Bryce Love

Edited by Turk71
  • Like (+1) 5

3 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

I expect these guys to go in rounds 4 through 7 and outperform their draft position.

RB Justice Hill  OT William Sweet  WR Anthony Johnson   QB Brett Rypien  

WR Gary Jennings Jr  WR Dillon Mitchell

EDGE Jaylon Ferguson  G Ben Powers 

CB Iman Marshall  TE Caleb Wilson 

DI Armon Watts  CB Tim Harris

LB Ben Burr-Kirvin EDGE Oshane Ximines

RB David Montgomery TE Josh Oliver

OT Yodney Cajuste RB Bryce Love

Good list but I don’t expect all to be there in the rounds you listed 

Jaylon Ferguson i expect to go in the top 3 rounds but he most certainly is a red star player

45 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Good list but I don’t expect all to be there in the rounds you listed 

Jaylon Ferguson i expect to go in the top 3 rounds but he most certainly is a red star player

I agree, 2 or 3 them might be gone by end of the 3rd. I was trying for rounds 4 thru 7 but it is obviously an inexact science.

1 minute ago, Turk71 said:

I agree, 2 or 3 them might be gone by end of the 3rd. I was trying for rounds 4 thru 7 but it is obviously an inexact science.

A second round player can be a red star player

its not necessarily a sleeper... it’s a player who will outplay his draft stock

1 hour ago, MJS said:

I think Harry gets picked in the late first.  The more I see the more I like about him.  Was hoping he'd be a possible 2nd rounder but just don't see him lasting til then.  

Jaylon Ferguson will be gone by the 10th pick of round two but he will most likely still outplay his draft status. 

Josh Oliver, TE, San Jose State. 

Forget Hock and Fant and Irv Smith. Oliver has the highest ceiling of any TE in this class. If there is a Travis Kelce lurking somewhere this is him. 

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

A second round player can be a red star player

its not necessarily a sleeper... it’s a player who will outplay his draft stock

I get that, I was looking for less obvious gems. On that note I add G Connor McGovern RB Miles Sanders G Chris Lindstrom OT  Caleb McGary S Marquise Blair  EDGE Maxx Crosby CB Rock Ya-Sin

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

The draft is finally almost here... there has been lots of talk about who the Bills should take at 9 and who the blue chip prospects are

Another term you may possibly hear on draft day by pundits is a red star player...

In the scouting community a red star player is a player who a scout believes will outperform his draft status, and then will usually pound the table for them

Being able to key on players who can outperform their draft value is always critical... Matt Milano and Nigel Bradham were guys I keyed on as redstar players

Who are some of your red star players ?

Greg Little - Offensive Tackle - Ole Miss

Andy Isabella - WR- UMASS

Trevon Wesco