Oliver and Hockenson, do the Bills have enough

bigbill

10 hours ago, mrags said:

I know that. I know there’s a few people that share this opinion with me. But I just don’t understand why there’s so many that think this kid is the 2nd coming of Reggie White. 

Comparisons are tough and are based on past draft reports. Comparisons do not carry a ton of weight for me, especially when they compare someone to a HOFer

9 hours ago, Buffalophil1948 said:

Nothing in those stats would have something to do with going from Tyrod to Josh?

Average Yards/reception hasn't changed. Josh btw was not really showing much until after he came back from his injury. This isn't about Zay Jones either, it was more to illustrate that what the production is during first couple years of a TEs career is comparable to, a guy who many aren't sure if he makes the roster. 

According to this board there are at least 15 players guaranteeed to go in the top 7 this year. Its all going to come down to the qbs, either  some get picked and talent falls to us or they dont and someone will trade up with our pick.  Win win to me

14 hours ago, #34fan said:

Drops WAY too many balls to be taken seriously in the first.  I like the kid, but late 2nd-Early third is where I'll leave him.

Am I off when I get a Charles Clay vibe from him?  Didnt know about the drops before but thats all I see when I hear Fant

5 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

Comparisons are tough and are based on past draft reports. Comparisons do not carry a ton of weight for me, especially when they compare someone to a HOFer

The thing is I’m not even listening to the comparisons. That’s besides the point for me. He’s still being touted as a super high pick. Top 10 at the worst for the most part. Top 3 at best. It just boggles my kind that an undersized kid that played against sub par talent his college career is so highly received. 

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

A month ago it looked like we had a shot at Oliver. Now I'm not even sure Hockenson gets past Detroit. We may have to settle for Jonah or hope for a trade down.

The smoke is in full force now, I would be shocked if QBs shot up the board, they didn't last year and the class was better IMO. That being said I sure hope they do. Yes I want a top tier pass rusher, but an OT will be very nice consolation prize. I will be pissed if Dan Jeremiah is correct and we trade back and end up with a CB in RD1

I personally think they go Oliver with the first pick, WR in the second and the 3rd they will target a TE possibly the other from Iowa (not sure where he’s mocked but seems more physical)

22 hours ago, bigbill said:

I was just wondering if the Bills have enough draft capital to get both Oliver and Hockenson in the draft?

Who would you take at 9 with hopes the other player drops to 15, 16 or 17.

It seems both players would help to complete the offense and defense.

Any thought?

Most likely no but we might have enough for Hock & Simmons or Tillery.