QB rush? 4 in top 15-20

If you believe in a guy, like we did last year with Josh Allen, you target him.  You make sure you get him.  

I think Oakland secretly wants Kyler Murray and will give up at least 2 first round picks to move up and get him.  I think Denver wants Drew Lock, and is willing to move up to the top 10 to get him.  The Giants are too dumb to bust a move on QB at 6, so you may see Miami go for Jones or Haskin.  When this happens, I think we're going to see some impact guys fall into our lap.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, PUNT750 said:

Other than Murray none of these guys are really deserving of a 1st Round NFL draft pick!  I don't think ANY of them would have been close to last year's class!

Thats interesting since Murray isnt the number 1 QB on everyones boards.  Based on very limited scouting I would take Lock over Murray.  I agree with the last sentence though.

7 hours ago, BillsfaninSB said:

I agree with Greg G.  Right or wrong I think 4 go in the top 15.   Hopefully a least 2 before 9. 

But no trading back please. 

As to trading back.   I heard that the thought process is:    we have 5 guys ranking about even when our pick comes up.  Somebody 5 picks below us wants to move up to our spot.  One of those 5 guys will be there if we trade down.  So we trade down.   We still get the same guy we might have drafted at #9 but get the equivelent of player #68  which is the fourth pick in the 3rd round.   We might be able to package that 3rd pick and our 2nd round pick to get #25 in the first round.

That works for me.

9 hours ago, PUNT750 said:

Other than Murray none of these guys are really deserving of a 1st Round NFL draft pick!  I don't think ANY of them would have been close to last year's class!

I think Murray is the only true 1st round Quarterback in this class.

This class isn't as good as last year's or the 2017 Trubisky, Watson, Mahomes class either.

35 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think Murray is the only true 1st round Quarterback in this class.

This class isn't as good as last year's or the 2017 Trubisky, Watson, Mahomes class either.

If memory serves me right, just prior to the 2017 draft, the analysts were pretty underwhelmed by Trubisky, Mahomes and Watson as well and did not expect 3 in top 12.

Just now, IgotBILLStopay said:

If memory serves me right, just prior to the 2017 draft, the analysts were pretty underwhelmed by Trubisky, Mahomes and Watson as well and did not expect 3 in top 12.

Yea. That is correct. I thought they were wrong. I said all along these guys are good and the NFL likes them. I mocked three in the top 10 and was widely ridiculed. 3 went in the top 12. I was not one bit surprised. I thought the talking heads were wrong on that all year.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Daniel Jones is getting good articles written about him in these parts.

I have not seen enough of him to really form a pertinent opinion but from what little I have seen, I consider him to be a legit prospect. He might be a better QB than Lock in time.

I just don't think he is talented enough. He is smart and well coached but he smacks to me of people trying to create a franchise Quarterback where there isn't one.