Are you color blind?

CoachT

I recently found out that I am color blind at the age of 31. My brother and I always knew something was up, because we would get into arguments with people about what color certain things are. Then my friend showed me these tests that confirmed it. 

Take the test for yourself.

https://www.colour-blindness.com/colour-blindness-tests/ishihara-colour-test-plates/

I was diagnosed as color blind in fourth grade when I first started wearing glasses to correct for being nearsighted. 

I am moderately red-green colorblind. Pretty common for a male. 

My father was relieved to find out.  He couldn’t understand why I couldn’t identify colors correctly.  He was afraid that I was just stupid. 

I took the tests on the linked website and I pretty consistently tested positive for red-green colorblind with emphasis on the green. 

Edited by Gray Beard

10 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

I was diagnosed as color blind in fourth grade when I first started wearing glasses to correct for being nearsighted. 

I am moderately red-green colorblind. Pretty common for a male. 

My father was relieved to find out.  He couldn’t understand why I couldn’t identify colors correctly.  He was afraid that I was just stupid. 

I took the tests on the linked website and I pretty consistently tested positive for red-green colorblind with emphasis on the green. 

Hahaha I was pretty worried I was "just stupid" too .. I'm still not ruling that out. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Doc said:

I took you that long to realize you are color blind?

I see most colors I think. I'm definitely not fully color blind, just seem to struggle with greens and blues. I did always had a feeling something was off.

Apparently Jim Kelly is?

Also, in the just wondering department, For those of you who are, how did those awful all-red all-green unis for the Rex Ryan Thursday night color rush game come across to you a few years back? I remember the NFL catching some flak for that. 

https://www.newsweek.com/color-blind-fans-struggle-nfl-color-rush-uniforms-396366

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12

1 minute ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Apparently Jim Kelly is?

Also, in the just wondering department, For those of you who are, how did those awful all-red all-green unis for the Rex Ryan Thursday night color rush game come across to you a few years back? I remember the NFL catching some flak for that. 

I couldn’t tell them apart. Watching that game was no fun for me.   Both teams also had mostly white helmets. It turns out it was a nationwide topic of conversation after that game.  According to Google, 8% of men with Northern European heritage are red-green colorblind to some extent. 

This has been discussed before on this forum, but it’s a fun topic so I don’t mind bringing it up again. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

quite a few have some form of it in my life

a doctor a few generations back was totally colour blind

he always denied it and didn't quite pass the Air Force physical when he volunteered for WW2

his kids would always ask him for a red towel to keep him humble...  :D

--------------------------------------------

this test isn't going to make me get real close and then a screaming witch pops up and i almost wet myself....

Just now, KD in CA said:

Well, unless you’re having salmon and want to serve a nice Chablis.

And for me, with turkey.

Or maybe some quiche?

(JK, I enjoy a nice big rich Chardonnay in the summer - Chalk Hill or Grgich, but am always open to new wine adventures.)

I don't know how this turned into a wine thread but ..

White don't get me drunk at all, I can drink a whole bottle and .. nothing

Red is a great fun drunk. Love a good red wine drunk .. but gives me a headache every single time. Sometimes the headache starts that same night. Is that because I'm drinking the cheap stuff or am I just a softie?

25 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Apparently Jim Kelly is?

https://www.newsweek.com/color-blind-fans-struggle-nfl-color-rush-uniforms-396366

19 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

I couldn’t tell them apart. Watching that game was no fun for me.   Both teams also had mostly white helmets. It turns out it was a nationwide topic of conversation after that game.  According to Google, 8% of men with Northern European heritage are red-green colorblind to some extent. 

This has been discussed before on this forum, but it’s a fun topic so I don’t mind bringing it up again. 

That game sucked............I could tell them apart on running plays because the camera was closer.  But, on passing plays I had no idea who to root for to catch the ball!

The thing is I think the colors look really cool when I see pictures from that game.  Because they are closer up pictures. 

• Like (+1) 1

In college I had a lab partner who did not know she was color-blind.

Until we did a  titration where the initial solution was green and the endpoint occurred when it turned blue.

While she was titrating, I was in another lab area and came back to a full beaker of blue solution

that she thought was still green.   

Just now, LewPort71 said:

In college I had a lab partner who did not know she was color-blind.

Until we did a  titration where the initial solution was green and the endpoint occurred when it turned blue.

While she was titrating, I was in another lab area and came back to a full beaker of blue solution

that she thought was still green.   

I did a lot of tit-rating in college, too. 

• Haha (+1) 3