Dwayne Haskins’ father is a strange dude

3 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

This for some reason kind of reminds me of that young man who was drafted a couple years back in the mid-late first round and held up a photo of his grandmother while cussing uncontrollably ..... who was that, again?

I remember that guy - drafted by the falcons. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

This for some reason kind of reminds me of that young man who was drafted a couple years back in the mid-late first round and held up a photo of his grandmother while cussing uncontrollably ..... who was that, again?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2017/04/28/nfl-drafts-most-emotional-moment-involved-a-deceased-grandmother-and-an-f-bomb/?utm_term=.5616c263f0bb

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think you missed the point entirely. I don’t think it matters, and I’m not comparing the two schools or any school. No one ever said OSU has had successful nfl QBs, so why bother trying to compare? Haskins is the best nfl qb prospect  they’ve ever had, that’s the point. 

Not arguing, Yolo, not at all.  I agree with you.

I just found it odd that, of all the NFL QBs on that list, the only one he highlited was the GOAT.  Maybe I missed his point.  I do that sometimes.

I’m a huge Buckeyes fan.  I wish Haskins all the best in the NFL, and hope he becomes the league’s second best QB.

Edited by The Senator

Christian, entrepreneur, promoting Jesus( who was awesome), yet acting like a complete d bag...

And people wonder why Christians turn off so many non believers.

Great way to lead by example Mr. Haskins.

Sick.

Edited by McBean

2 minutes ago, The Senator said:

Not arguing, Yolo, not at all.  I agree with you.

I just found it odd that, of all the NFL QBs on that list, the only one he highlited was the GOAT.  Maybe I missed his point.  I do that sometimes.

I’m a huge Buckeyes fan.  I wish Haskins all the best in the NFL, and hope he becomes the league’s second best QB.

I guess i assumes he highlighted it because he was the big success story out of a lot of mediocre to bad in between he and Harbaugh 

3 hours ago, mannc said:

He is a paranoid moron who may be sabotaging his son’s career.

Are you suggesting that the reporter is making it all up?  What possible motive would he have to do such a thing?

This article, nor his dad will have an affect on his career. This isn't Lavar Ball.  Either he can play at the next level or he can't. Stop it!  

3 hours ago, #34fan said:

Everyone's dad is weird. -Some moreso than others... Still, this guy sounds like a control freak... Doesn't seem to be handling Dwayne's pro transition well at all.

My dad is fine. I'm the weird one. Wait... I'm a dad!

Edited by Dopey
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I guess i assumes he highlighted it because he was the big success story out of a lot of mediocre to bad in between he and Harbaugh 

And, I’m guessing without doing my homework, probably drafted the latest.

I’ve seen Ohio State ranked as high as 3 in some preseason polls...

GO BUCKEYES!!!

4 minutes ago, The Senator said:

And, I’m guessing without doing my homework, probably drafted the latest.

I’ve seen Ohio State ranked as high as 3 in some preseason polls...

GO BUCKEYES!!!

You have? Vegas nooo likey for the CFP. Guess they don’t buy into the Ryan Day Era. Should be a very interesting year. I personally was not the biggest “Urban offense” fan (as most people know) so I’m giddy. 

3 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

That is a bit weird, isn't it?

It’s just bizarre. Almost seems like his dad was hanging out with Marcel Dareus on a joyride because it just doesn’t even make sense. The guy said he was writing a puff piece and everything he had was positive and the guy just sounds paranoid. Only time I’ve ever seen or heard from him before this was at the heisman ceremony. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

3 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Pass on any player that has the weird, controlling parents.   It's always a nightmare.

I suppose it's possible.

But nothing wrong with not talking to the media. He should probably have made that decision right at the first sentence, but while weird, IMO not a big deal.

Don't see any evidence there that he'll be a bad influence on the son. If there is such evidence, that's a problem. I'd need a lot more to go on than that story, though. Weird and quiet with the media's no big problem if that's the extent of it.

Just now, Thurman#1 said:

I suppose it's possible.

But nothing wrong with not talking to the media. He should probably have made that decision right at the first sentence, but while weird, IMO not a big deal.

Don't see any evidence there that he'll be a bad influence on the son. If there is such evidence, that's a problem. I'd need a lot more to go on than that story, though. Weird and quiet with the media's no big problem if that's the extent of it.

Dwayne Jr is very smooth with the media. Natural communicator. I find that exchange with the dad super weird. 

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

You have? Vegas nooo likey for the CFP. Guess they don’t buy into the Ryan Day Era. Should be a very interesting year. I personally was not the biggest “Urban offense” fan (as most people know) so I’m giddy. 

https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/2019-01-17/college-football-rankings-clemson-alabama-lead-our-preseason-top

(I think they’re underestimating Mike Leach and the Cougars! ?)

7 hours ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Eh seems like the guy just has a very particular message he wants associated with his son. Maybe some of those other sources really did burn the kid in some way in the past. The father seems pretty traditional; absolutely nothing wrong with that.

I got the vibe he was more worried about his own image and this is why he is so controlling of the situation. Your son is a man now and about to be a millionaire. It's time to let him go and hope the values you raised him with carry forward.