Who Are Your Top Targets in Round 1 Assuming No Trade Up or Down?

If we stay at 9 I'd be over the moon with Q Williams or Bosa.

I'd be happy with Oliver, Sweat or D White.

I'd be okay with Hockenson, J Taylor, C Wilkins or Metcalf.

I'd be furious over Gary, Jacobs or anyone else

Edited by The Jokeman
  • Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Be honest Bear...I know you're a linebacker guy...straight up, if White is there at nine...would you take him over Taylor ? I would...then (fingers crossed) McGary in the second?

Just thinkin...

Good question Sky.  Yes I am a linebacker guy.  Linebackers are the unsung hero's of a D IMO.

You need good ones but great ones are a blessing.

Not considering the Buffalo Bills situation at all I would probably take White over Taylor.

Considering the 2019 Bills I wouldn't UNLESS McDermott could find a way to use Edmunds, White and Milano in some "hybrid" way to

get the most out of all of them.  If Beane selects him at #9 I won't jump out the window like some around here.  LOL.

I would say, "It looks like the Bills got one damn fine football player".

8 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Good question Sky.  Yes I am a linebacker guy.  Linebackers are the unsung hero's of a D IMO.

You need good ones but great ones are a blessing.

Not considering the Buffalo Bills situation at all I would probably take White over Taylor.

Considering the 2019 Bills I wouldn't UNLESS McDermott could find a way to use Edmunds, White and Milano in some "hybrid" way to

get the most out of all of them.  If Beane selects him at #9 I won't jump out the window like some around here.  LOL.

I would say, "It looks like the Bills got one damn fine football player".

Gary Danielson called him "one of the best athletes to ever come out of Baton Rouge".We both know LSU has had a lot of talent down there during our lifetimes..those are some strong words from a very solid analyst.

• Thank you (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Be honest Bear...I know you're a linebacker guy...straight up, if White is there at nine...would you take him over Taylor ? I would...then (fingers crossed) McGary in the second?

Just thinkin...

If you take White...do you move Edmunds to replace Alexander? That's some nasty..

No.  I'd put him in Lo's spot, but adjust what I ask him to do as necessary.   I think Edmunds is going to be the MLB hell or high water and I'm good with that.  That trio would be Uber athletic.  

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Don't want Gary or Sweat with the injury asterisk. Oliver by far my first choice then actually I think either of the linebackers, then trade down, then Williams if no trade down.

I can't recall where but it was saying someone in this draft has the same issue as Montez Sweat but he already had it fixed.  It is a relatively common fix...or something like that.  I may be wrong.  It is a freakin heart so maybe it is a bigger deal than I interpreted it.

1 hour ago, Fred Slacks said:

Looks like he might need shoulder surgery too?  Also he is just one of those guys I feel like teams take off their board after interviewing him because they just don't want to deal with his crazy.

I want to love DK but there are just too many red flags for me.  I don't think he has produced enough to warrant a top 10 pick.  In years past the top receivers have been obvious on all teams draft boards.  This year I feel like multiple guys could be the first selection depending which team ends up picking a WR first.

The best Wr in football last year,  OBJ, AB, and Hopkins were not sure fire top of teams boards.  Metcalf has elite potential, and at minimum he is an impact rookie from a deep threat and Redzone threat role in the offense.  The Bill's are a vertical heavy offense so Metcalf fits what they want to do.  His ability in the redzone is a real need for the offense aswell.  If he is available and Buffalo passes I would be shocked.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, purple haze said:

No.  I'd put him in Lo's spot, but adjust what I ask him to do as necessary.   I think Edmunds is going to be the MLB hell or high water and I'm good with that.  That trio would be Uber athletic.  

Purple..if that's the case..Edmunds needs to get stronger up top..recall the Indy game last year,which was another game that he couldn't shed interior lineman.

The bottom line...having a trio of White-Edmunds-Milano...oh my.

Some will say...why lay off of a DT(oliver)..I say..didn't we draft Harrison Phillips to fill the Kyle opening this year? 

Beane just might get this done... But I still think he trades down.

2 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Rockin the Hock.

No love for Smith in the second round...he gets open.

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

1. Oliver

2. TJ Hockenson 

3. Jonah Williams 

....it will be one of these 3

I’m starting to think this will be the case...and one of them ( at least) should still be there at 9..

My gut is telling me most likely TJ as I think Oliver will be gone..

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, purple haze said:

6 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Purple..if that's the case..Edmunds needs to get stronger up top..recall the Indy game last year,which was another game that he couldn't shed interior lineman.

The bottom line...having a trio of White-Edmunds-Milano...oh my.

Some will say...why lay off of a DT(oliver)..I say..didn't we draft Harrison Phillips to fill the Kyle opening this year? 

Beane just might get this done... But I still think he trades down.

No love for Smith in the second round...he gets open.

With three players of that caliber you would not box them into traditional LB roles.

You might start out that way but their true potential would be in confusing QBs as to who is doing what.

It's fun to think about but I'm pretty sure White will be long gone before Beane picks.

• Like (+1) 2