Adolphus Washington is available [edit: Signed with Dolphins]

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
2 hours ago, Rico said:

Yeah, but a high percentage of the scrubs he drafted are still in the league, look it up.

Before you use that as a stat in favor of Whaley, I'm going to need you to look up the draft history of other GM's during the time Whaley was GM to see how many of the players they drafted are still in the league.  Otherwise your Whaley statement has no value.

On 4/23/2019 at 2:00 PM, George C said:

Another Whaley gem...

Please stop.  Whaley has been gone 3 years, and the debate

1) "Whaley sucks - his draft picks are off our team!"

2) "Whaley had good talent evaluation, but was hampered by having to find scheme fits for 3 different coaches"

3) "But he sucks"

Has been beaten to death here. 

Washington was one of those scheme fits for Rex. 

He was drafted in the 3rd round where overall, only something like 30% of the players make it in the NFL.  Not "become stars" - just play for a season or two. 

Here

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/draft/round-3/

Pro-football-ref "Career Approximate Value" is not a be-all end-all, but it'll do for a quick measuring stick.

19 of the 35 players drafted in the 3rd round have lower career AV than Washington.  9 of them were drafted ahead of him.

15 of the 35 players have higher CarAV

That makes him officially "middling" - not a bust who never saw the field, not a good player, someone who played a little and has just not found the right "fit" or lived up to expectations.

Like Washington, a number of the players with low career AV spent significant time on IR - maybe their bodies can't handle the stress, many fine athletes can't.  Others just turned out not to have the "fire in the belly" to do what it takes to play football at the NFL level. 

It's legitimately hard for GMs and scouts predict who will prove out in the NFL, and who won't.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

Before you use that as a stat in favor of Whaley, I'm going to need you to look up the draft history of other GM's during the time Whaley was GM to see how many of the players they drafted are still in the league.  Otherwise your Whaley statement has no value.

You can look this up for yourself using various online tools such as Pro-football-reference.

• Like (+1) 1

• Hapless Bills Fan changed the title to Adolphus Washington is available [edit: Signed with Dolphins]
3 hours ago, Rico said:

Yeah, but a high percentage of the scrubs he drafted are still in the league, look it up.

...oh joy...more Whaley crap........maybe we can go back to the Donohole Days for discussion purposes......then a review of the Brandon GM years.......either some here are an ex-wife of his or an unannounced baby mama product.....this revisionist crap sure as hell gets old, stale and obnoxious....he's gone....get over it.....

On 5/24/2019 at 4:30 AM, billsintaiwan said:

The question is whether Ko Simpson and John mccargo are available. It's time to get the band back together.

....LMAO TWICE!!........"The Millionaire" and "The Bust"......interesting how we move back into the 1st bypassing Mangold to grab McGargone from the vaunted "NC State Triangle".....he busts and we end up with the other 2/3 via FA ala Mario & Manny....go figure..........

• Like (+1) 1

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You can look this up for yourself using various online tools such as Pro-football-reference.

No thanks.  I think Whaley did a pretty terrible job here.  Even if his draft picks that remain in the NFL are higher than average, I still think his early round misses and the Watkins trade up far out weigh that.  Someone else made the point about Whaley's picks but there was no frame of reference as to what it actually meant. 

If the the person who made that point felt the need to address my issue with it wants to look that up and post it, then that is fine.  If he thinks Whaley was a good GM, that is fine too.  I have no desire though to try and actively  change my own opinion on Whaley.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

17 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

No thanks.  I think Whaley did a pretty terrible job here.  Even if his draft picks that remain in the NFL are higher than average, I still think his early round misses and the Watkins trade up far out weigh that.  Someone else made the point about Whaley's picks but there was no frame of reference as to what it actually meant. 

If the the person who made that point felt the need to address my issue with it wants to look that up and post it, then that is fine.  If he thinks Whaley was a good GM, that is fine too.  I have no desire though to try and actively  change my own opinion on Whaley.

you have this a little backward.

It is the Whaley haters that keep bringing him up.

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/25/2019 at 3:24 PM, John from Riverside said:

We need to run the ball down Miami's throat this year.....twice

Adolphus Washington has NO desire to stick his face in there stopping the run

watch him have a terrible season besides the two games against the Bills