Seattle trades Frank Clark to Chiefs for 2019 1st and 2020 2nd

32 minutes ago, MJS said:

I don't believe the Bills would want to give up a first round pick, and more, and then have to pay the guy.

With Allen on a rookie contract, we have a 4 year window to make moves exactly like this one. This year wasnt the right time when we are sitting on a top-10 pick. But next year, when we're picking in the late 20s, we could do something similar and pay that player.

The Chiefs are simply a year ahead of us.

17 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Quickly checked their forums. Saying that fans are furious now would be an understatement.

Just paid Wilson a crap ton.  2 late 1sts in a draft deep with D-line talent.  Could see them drafting one with their pick and maybe a corner with the other 1st.  

They have to adapt the roster around Wilsons huge contract.  And they should - he's a top 5 QB in the NFL today.

For all those asking if Clark is a big upgrade over Ford, I believe that he probably is.

But more importantly, the Chiefs are switching to a 4-3 defense, so Clark is a better fit. Dee Ford is more of a 3-4 guy.

*Note: Yes, I'm aware teams mostly play nickel these days.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

That’s more than I thought they’d get. It makes sense for both sides but it’s a hefty price. 

They're in it to win it this year, and who can blame them? Clark is a major upgrade at the DE position. Ford was overrated. Yeah, he had 13 sacks, but opponents had to pass all the time because they were always behind very early in the game because of the Chiefs' offense. Clark is the real thing.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

They're in it to win it this year, and who can blame them? Clark is a major upgrade at the DE position. Ford was overrated. Yeah, he had 13 sacks, but opponents had to pass all the time because they were always behind very early in the game because of the Chiefs' offense. Clark is the real thing.

They also lost Houston, who is excellent.

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

Not to mention Hill is cheap for 1 more year, and Mahomes is for 2.  Watkins becomes tradeable after this year so you can recoup some draft capital there assuming he can stay healthy for a year and you need the cap for Hill.  Capwise he should fit in for 2 years and then you can figure out Mahomes.