Seattle trades Frank Clark to Chiefs for 2019 1st and 2020 2nd

1 minute ago, Mat68 said:

Comes down to what they want.  If Houston wants to move up that would bring Buffalo into it.  Swap 1s next year 2?  Could be the ticket.  Seattle needed more picks.  Houston has a full set of picks but may want to move up for a better Oline prospect.

i'm really confused here..... all i'm saying is that if i'm the chiefs keeping ford and my picks is more valuable than just clark….. what do the bills or Houston have to do with it?

2 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

i'm really confused here..... all i'm saying is that if i'm the chiefs keeping ford and my picks is more valuable than just clark….. what do the bills or Houston have to do with it?

Unless the chiefs, who know Dee Ford better than us, don’t think he can play 4-3 DE.  

While i I initially agreed with you assessment, of Dee Ford sucks at DE, the chiefs made the right move because Frank Clark is a beast DE

1 minute ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Your response and the quoted portion mentioned Clowney.  At this point KC wanted to move on from ford after the playoff blunder.  If he doesnt line up terribly Offside KC advances to the superbowl.  Clark is a more disruptive player than Ford or Houston, with their departure they had a big need for a edge rusher. 

17 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Couple of things:

1. Thank god Bills didnt make this trade.  Thats a lot of draft capital and money, and with a pretty good defense already, this was WAY too much for us to pay.  
  2. WTF are the Chiefs doing?  They just traded a first round pick, next years 2nd (main comp they got from Dee was a 2nd this year) and a swap of thirds for Frank Clark and will pay him MORE money than they would have payed Ford. 
    1. In what world does this make sense for the Chiefs?  Clark > Ford, but the difference is NOT this dramatic.
    2. This is as puzzling as giving Sammy $16M last year when they already had Hill, Kelce, Conley, and Hunt as weapons for Mahomes.  
  3. This trade may kill all ability to get Clowney, at least for us.  No way Beane trades anything close to this for Clowney and also pays him.  
    1. If Houston would entertain a swap of firsts, sure, I can see Beane being at the table.  But not trading away a first all together and a 2nd and future picks.  NO WAY.

This is to me is the puzzling piece.  Essentially they traded Ford, a first, and swapped thirds for Clark.  Then they pay Clark a crazy sum of money on top of that.  

I would rather have Ford, the first rd pick (CB’s are perhaps the sweet spot there) and the earlier 3rd.

Maybe Ford does not fit what they want, but with the lack of defense they showed - not sure Clark gives them much more and the loss of the first is the killer to me.  Great spot for corner back help that they need.

Just now, Rochesterfan said:

This is to me is the puzzling piece.  Essentially they traded Ford, a first, and swapped thirds for Clark.  Then they pay Clark a crazy sum of money on top of that.  

I would rather have Ford, the first rd pick (CB’s are perhaps the sweet spot there) and the earlier 3rd.

Maybe Ford does not fit what they want, but with the lack of defense they showed - not sure Clark gives them much more and the loss of the first is the killer to me.  Great spot for corner back help that they need.

Yeah only thing that makes sense is scheme fit or something along that line.  

Would Seattle become a potential trade partner for the Bills if they have a lust for a major player? Their 2 firsts (total 1440 points) for our #9 (1350), our 4th rounder (70) and 6th rounder (18.6). Leaves the Bills with ammunition to go up still in the first but positions them perfectly for other high value targets in advance of the 2nd round

Edited by BubbaT

40 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Huge return for Seattle. Bills couldn’t give up 9. Late first more palatable for KC.

If you are looking to trade for a player like that it serves you well to be at the back of the first round.   That's prime territory to steal a superstar like the Eagles did when they fleeced the Bills of Jason Peters.

That trade value for Clark *seems* high because of the 2nd rounder but I'd put it commensurate or lesser value to swapping spots with Buffalo in round one.   I think this shows the Bills were likely not involved in discussions.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

News flash. Pass rushers get paid. Bills will be in a similar position with Hughes. 

No ****. I know that. I was talking in terms of draft comp, the contract and where we are at with our roster reconstruction. "Oh hell no" for us, is here I was going. This is also the reason why pass rushers are the next premium position besides QB....

Btw speaking of Hughes:

Edited by Reed83HOF