Seattle trades Frank Clark to Chiefs for 2019 1st and 2020 2nd

3 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

29 is more a primo 2nd than Top 10 1st rounder. Who would the Bills have drafted at 29 as good as Clark?

And by the way, Clark was a 2nd round draft pick. You can find talented guys in the late first or even in round 2 or later.

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, NewEraBills said:

I'll have to look at what the Chiefs gave up again.  Did they just give up more for Clark than the Bears gave up last year for Mack?

No. The Bears gave their 1st in 2019 and 2020, a 3rd in 2020 and a 6th in 2019 I think. Chiefs gave 2019 1st, 2020 2nd, and swapped 3rds.

7 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Couple of things:

1. Thank god Bills didnt make this trade.  Thats a lot of draft capital and money, and with a pretty good defense already, this was WAY too much for us to pay.  
  2. WTF are the Chiefs doing?  They just traded a first round pick, next years 2nd (main comp they got from Dee was a 2nd this year) and a swap of thirds for Frank Clark and will pay him MORE money than they would have payed Ford. 
    1. In what world does this make sense for the Chiefs?  Clark > Ford, but the difference is NOT this dramatic.
    2. This is as puzzling as giving Sammy $16M last year when they already had Hill, Kelce, Conley, and Hunt as weapons for Mahomes.  
  3. This trade may kill all ability to get Clowney, at least for us.  No way Beane trades anything close to this for Clowney and also pays him.  
    1. If Houston would entertain a swap of firsts, sure, I can see Beane being at the table.  But not trading away a first all together and a 2nd and future picks.  NO WAY.

wondering the same thing..... IMO ford+1st rounder this year and 2nd rounder next year is significantly more valuable than Clark.

2 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Primarily from character concerns and the DV stuff IIRC

he was a borderline 1st rounder imo,  not a surefire guy. I was surprised he didn’t go lower than the 2nd with the off field. His college career was good but not great. Jmo

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Couple of things:

1. Thank god Bills didnt make this trade.  Thats a lot of draft capital and money, and with a pretty good defense already, this was WAY too much for us to pay.  
  2. WTF are the Chiefs doing?  They just traded a first round pick, next years 2nd (main comp they got from Dee was a 2nd this year) and a swap of thirds for Frank Clark and will pay him MORE money than they would have payed Ford. 
    1. In what world does this make sense for the Chiefs?  Clark > Ford, but the difference is NOT this dramatic.
    2. This is as puzzling as giving Sammy $16M last year when they already had Hill, Kelce, Conley, and Hunt as weapons for Mahomes.  
  3. This trade may kill all ability to get Clowney, at least for us.  No way Beane trades anything close to this for Clowney and also pays him.  
    1. If Houston would entertain a swap of firsts, sure, I can see Beane being at the table.  But not trading away a first all together and a 2nd and future picks.  NO WAY.

While I agree with you, I would’ve kept Ford as well, the word is that the chiefs don’t believe Ford can play 4-3 end while Clark is one of the best in the league.  If that’s really the case, I guess I understand this a bit more than my initial reaction.  They know More about Fords ability than we do

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

wondering the same thing..... IMO ford+1st rounder this year and 2nd rounder next year is significantly more valuable than Clark.

Comes down to what they want.  If Houston wants to move up that would bring Buffalo into it.  Swap 1s next year 2?  Could be the ticket.  Seattle needed more picks.  Houston has a full set of picks but may want to move up for a better Oline prospect.

12 minutes ago, MJS said:

Nobody, but then they also can develop their own draft picks and not have to pay him a mega deal for 4-5 more years.

10 minutes ago, MJS said:

And by the way, Clark was a 2nd round draft pick. You can find talented guys in the late first or even in round 2 or later.

I understand your POV on this completely. But KC is on the cusp of competeting for a championship. They're striking while the iron is hot and their franchise QB is on a rookie contract. They don't have the time to take a chance on a diamond in the rough in the later rounds.

• Like (+1) 3