9th and Dawkins for 5th - who says no?

d_wag

4 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Don’t get salty with me for calling a spade a spade. I’m not the one who shut that stupid, unnecessary thread down. 

I don't know what you're talking about.  I thought the v2 must mean there was a v1 and I'm wondering what changed.

No thanks.  It's tempting to be able to guarantee either Williams or Oliver but Dawkins is one of our  starting tackles.  Right now he is the LT but depending on how the draft goes he might be moved to RT.    Q.Williams, Oliver, Jonah Williams, Dilliard, Hockenson or trade down.  That's what I would do.  

Man we really need to get this draft over with.. so many “creative” ideas.. They are trying to develop and retain talent at this point not firesale it. There’s zero guarantees you hit on pick 5, definitely zero guarantees you’re getting a tackle of Dawkins caliber past round 1 regardless of what some may think. He may not be elite after last season but Dawkins is quite good and hasn’t peaked yet why get rid of him while he’s on a rookie contract? 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Idk how people come up with this stuff. Our Oline was one of the biggest issues last year & we've been working to upgrade it all offseason, because you know, we have a young QB & wish to protect him. So we take one of our brightest young tackles in Dawkins & trade him along with our #9 draft pick for a DT for which this draft class has lots of depth with.

It makes no sense. Trade 2 assets which are very valuable in Dawkins & #9, for a DT in which if we just picked the next BPA at DT we'd be getting a good player anyways.

This idea would seem to hurt the team more than help it imo.

47 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Man we really need to get this draft over with.. so many “creative” ideas.. They are trying to develop and retain talent at this point not firesale it. There’s zero guarantees you hit on pick 5, definitely zero guarantees you’re getting a tackle of Dawkins caliber past round 1 regardless of what some may think. He may not be elite after last season but Dawkins is quite good and hasn’t peaked yet why get rid of him while he’s on a rookie contract? 

When you say creative do you mean stupid?

Absolutely no.  If you’re moving up to 5th you’re obviously not drafting Jonah Williams, so all you achieve is creating a big hole in the O-line and dumping a promising young guy who makes $845K this season, who you already know, for an unknown rookie. In a draft rich with DT talent.

• Like (+1) 1