Patrick Peterson: Is he about to be traded? (Rumors)

Just saw on NFLN that Peterson rumors rampant today after he deleted all references to the Cardinals earlier today in his bios on social media and also posted a pic on IG with some ex cardinals saying his boys warned him about “Snakes in the grass”.  

There was a rumor he had been traded to Chiefs but that seems to be shot down now.  Players have down stuff like this before and it was nothing, in terms of changing their bios on social media.  But it’s interesting to see him also post that pic and reference snakes in the grass.  

So curious if he is maybe part of a predraft trade or maybe just upset about something else like contract, handling of Rosen, etc.

I wonder if he’s available via trade if Beane would look to go after him to put opposite White?  Maybe Levi and Taron and a pick for PP?  I doubt we would, that’s a lot of money to have invested in our secondary, but man him and White would be insane to throw against with Hyde and Poyer behind them.  

Thoughts?  

2 minutes ago, Gambit said:

As much as I like Peterson, I'd rather give Levi a shot to continue improving on last year. He played extremely well. Taron was pretty solid also.

And we’ve added Ej Gaines and Kevin Johnson.  trading for Peterson would be a waste of assets imo.

• Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

Maybe we trade for Peterson and he convinces Beane to take Metcalf at 9 and then trade back into the 1st for Hockenson <sarcasm>

I wouldn’t do comedy if I were you. You’re just not...good. 

• Haha (+1) 9
  • Thank you (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

Maybe we trade for Peterson and he convinces Beane to take Metcalf at 9 and then trade back into the 1st for Hockenson <sarcasm>

Maybe you figure out how to be funny when making absurd posts to provide at least some entertainment value?

25 minutes ago, Gambit said:

As much as I like Peterson, I'd rather give Levi a shot to continue improving on last year. He played extremely well. Taron was pretty solid also.

I dont disagree with this, and I have a feeling if PP was available we wont be involved.  But the idea of White and PP out there in front of Hyde and Poyer is fun to think about.  

Economics I think are not where Beane wants to be.  I think our pass d is pretty good, top 5 at least in the NFL in terms of our secondary without spending all that money on PP.  And like you said both Levi and Taron are promising and we still have some other quality DBs too.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Just saw on NFLN that Peterson rumors rampant today after he deleted all references to the Cardinals earlier today in his bios on social media and also posted a pic on IG with some ex cardinals saying his boys warned him about “Snakes in the grass”.  

There was a rumor he had been traded to Chiefs but that seems to be shot down now.  Players have down stuff like this before and it was nothing, in terms of changing their bios on social media.  But it’s interesting to see him also post that pic and reference snakes in the grass.  

So curious if he is maybe part of a predraft trade or maybe just upset about something else like contract, handling of Rosen, etc.

I wonder if he’s available via trade if Beane would look to go after him to put opposite White?  Maybe Levi and Taron and a pick for PP?  I doubt we would, that’s a lot of money to have invested in our secondary, but man him and White would be insane to throw against with Hyde and Poyer behind them.  

Thoughts?  

Patrick Peterson is definitely going to cost more than Levi Wallace, Taron Johnson and "a pick." Those two combined are not half of Peterson...it would start with a first round pick, a 3rd round pick, and then both of those CBs or Hughes or Dawkins or something else.

Edited by JustWinPlease
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

You may be on to something.  Perhaps Peterson can teach Metcalf to play corner?  I read that somewhere.....