"The Bills go after my highest-rated prospect", NFL.com suggests trading up to 2 for Q. Williams

stosh64

11 hours ago, BillsCuse said:

No way.  Do not trade up in the first for a Dlineman, when its a DL heavy draft.  It would be just like trading up for Watkins in a Wr heavy draft.  Im all for trading up in other rounds, but not in the 1st - too expensive

i get all that, but we get a game changer. we still have a 2nd/3rd and 2 4ths. not to mention some trade bait with shaq. they put a lot into free agency so we don't have to get starters at all those positions. instead of needing players at 4 different spots, we now really only need one and can get the best player in the draft. these guys ain't dummies. they had a plan all along. i will be ok with whatever they decide. no matter what, i'm likely to go...wait...what...wow, i never thought of that.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

Since next year's first will be at least past 20...why not?

Sure. If that was actually a thing. I mean I guess I like your optimism.

But obviously you are just making that up because you have no idea. Nobody knows that, not Beane, not McD, not Josh 'Jesus hands' Allen, and most certainly not billsredneck1.

Also just plain no to two first round picks for a DL

12 minutes ago, Darth Bill said:

Do it. Be bold. Remember the move to get Biscuit? How did that work?

I am totally sure there are folks here that can make the comparison from this discussion to that draft off the top of their heads; I cannot. I’d guess that Polian had Bennett pegged as a perfect fit for a need, with no other player close. 

I can say, however, that 

1. I think Beane would rather all of us ravish his wife than give up next year’s one. He wouldn’t/didn’t  do it for Josh, why ever now?

2. Q. Williams seems great, OK, but Beano’s not housed at a party thinking he’s gonna’ go all in for the most luscious cheerleader, he’s a sane professional that is fully (if not anally) aware of price tags, and BULLY FOR US!!!

3. Coach Clap is on record as wanting QB pressure from inside, which, to a degree, mitigates the Neanderthal Defensive Coach label for him. We also were absolutely gouged on the ground  by our immediate hurdle (Patriots). So we need both run-stuff AND inside pressure, but on our budget. 

To me that spells DEXTER LAWRENCE 

He swallows up RBs like they’re PooPoos on a platter, he tracks sideline runs like a snake, he’s got eyes for blocked kicks/passes. 

I don’t care whether BB sits at 9, or trades up or down, so long as he gets the defensive line help, along with a TE, AND keeps next year’s first. 

19 minutes ago, Rhode Island Red said:

I am totally sure there are folks here that can make the comparison from this discussion to that draft off the top of their heads; I cannot. I’d guess that Polian had Bennett pegged as a perfect fit for a need, with no other player close. 

I can say, however, that 

1. I think Beane would rather all of us ravish his wife than give up next year’s one. He wouldn’t/didn’t  do it for Josh, why ever now?

2. Q. Williams seems great, OK, but Beano’s not housed at a party thinking he’s gonna’ go all in for the most luscious cheerleader, he’s a sane professional that is fully (if not anally) aware of price tags, and BULLY FOR US!!!

3. Coach Clap is on record as wanting QB pressure from inside, which, to a degree, mitigates the Neanderthal Defensive Coach label for him. We also were absolutely gouged on the ground  by our immediate hurdle (Patriots). So we need both run-stuff AND inside pressure, but on our budget. 

To me that spells DEXTER LAWRENCE 

He swallows up RBs like they’re PooPoos on a platter, he tracks sideline runs like a snake, he’s got eyes for blocked kicks/passes. 

I don’t care whether BB sits at 9, or trades up or down, so long as he gets the defensive line help, along with a TE, AND keeps next year’s first. 

There's....a lot to unpack here.