"The Bills go after my highest-rated prospect", NFL.com suggests trading up to 2 for Q. Williams

stosh64

2 hours ago, stosh64 said:

I love this idea, I'm curious what you guys think of it.

NFL.com

Too pricey.

1 hour ago, Putin said:

This ^^^ there is NO way we are giving up 2 first round picks for a DT , especially nexts years we don’t know how this season will turn out injuries / anything can happen our first round pick could be in the top 5-10 , 

now if we had two first round picks this year and BOTH in the  mid 20’s then it’s a different story, 

If it was just 2 first I might not cringe.

Funny, this would be one of the only ways I could stomach a trade up...where we keep our 2nd and 3rd this year.  

Im better trading next years 1st over this years 2nd personally.  I think this its too important of a draft and too deep as positions we should be pursuing to gut it for one guy.  

That being said, I still think there is very little chance we trade up from 9 but instead trade up at other spots in the draft.  I do think a trade down is quite possible from 9 still though, especially if Raiders surprise with a QB at 4 and makes the QB needy teams antsy behind us 

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Defensive Tackle probably has the most depth in this draft. A trade up for Williams would smell like trading up for Sammy Watkins, with Mike Evans, OBJ and Jarvis Landry still on the board. OBJ and Landry were available at our original spot. Plenty of DTs available. You do not trade up for one.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

I do not see any circumstance where Beane gives up a first round pick in 2020.

I sincerely hope that you are correct. That draft will be chock full of wide receivers.

I have probably seen every play of Quinnen's career. The kid can play, and he is a seemingly wonderful kid. Do I think that he is a legit #2? He might be, but not for the Bills to give up a 1st in 2020. I would rather trade down and get another one for that matter.

And btw, call me crazy but I think that there is a 10% or so chance that we can get him at #9.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Guess I'm in the minority, but I would do it. Love that guy.

People put way too much stock in first rounders. Half of them aren't that great. (More than half of ours, historically.)

I get the argument that you'd be trading two for one for a guy who also might not be that great, but if you believe in him, do it. We need a few superstars. Take a big swing now and then for the right guy. I think Williams might be that guy. And obviously if they made a trade like this they would agree.

• Like (+1) 3

I'm game If Mcbeane and company are game because my trust in the process has grown leaps and bounds. Buffalo's criteria for a move like this would be well thought out and the player deemed a good fit IMO. Like Cleveland I feel the Buffalo Bills are gearing to make a serious push for a championship.

Edited by Figster
  • Like (+1) 1

I really hope they wouldn’t consider moving next years first. Beane has put the Bills in a position to draft the BPA this season. Let the board fall you to you, he has stated how much he values building a team threw the draft. Fill your holes in free agency, get your franchise corner stones VIA draft. 

So many different possibilities at 9. Sit back and enjoy picks 1-8!

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Last Guy on the Bench said:

Guess I'm in the minority, but I would do it. Love that guy.

People put way too much stock in first rounders. Half of them aren't that great. (More than half of ours, historically.)

I get the argument that you'd be trading two for one for a guy who also might not be that great, but if you believe in him, do it. We need a few superstars. Take a big swing now and then for the right guy. I think Williams might be that guy. And obviously if they made a trade like this they would agree.

I like the way you think

• Like (+1) 2

He’s the #1 guy on my board, so I’d actually be ok with this based on talent and fit.  My only fear would be his Alabama connections with Marcel.  I’m quite sure Marcel would have nothing but negativity to say about our team.  Could that affect Quinnens play and resigning him going forward?  Kind of silly, but in today world, it’s something to think about....especially when giving up a future 1st